Good luck on Finals!
SSS Newsletter for 12/8-12/12
- Visit the Multicultural Education Center (MEC) from 12pm-12am today through Thursday! Refreshments will be served in the evening.
Don't forget these additional resources:
Interested in Paid Research for Graduate School?
Application deadline: December 15, 2014
This program seeks students who are first-generation college students, low-income and/or from under-represented groups and who would be good candidates for graduate doctoral studies.
Eligible students must meet the following criteria by being:
- Motivated and disciplined undergraduates interested in pursuing a PhD (students may need to have the value of doctoral studies explained)
- College-level rising juniors and seniors in good academic standing
- Citizens and/or permanent legal residents of the U.S.
- First-generation college students with demonstrated financial need
- African-American, Latino-American, Native-American students and those historically under-represented at the graduate level
- Applicants must have achieved at least 45 cumulative credit hours toward their degree at the time of application and a GPA of 2.75.
John and Pat Kerrigan Scholarship
Award amount: $1,000; 12 awards
1. Applicants must be full-time undergraduate students.
2. Applicants must have earned at least 24 and no more than 45 credits at the time of application. (This includes all college-level credits: CLEP, CAPP, retro, transfer, etc.) Do not count fall 2014 credits.
3. At least 24 of the credits must have been earned in residence at UW Oshkosh.
4. Applicants must have a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.25.
5. Applicants must demonstrate involvement and leadership in campus or community activities.
Oshkosh Community Dragon Boat Scholarship
Award amount: $1,000; two awards
- Applicants must be part- or full-time undergraduate or graduate students.
- Applicants must live or work in Winnebago County at the time of application and the time the award is disbursed.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need by preparing a statement that explains their need for financial support.
- Applicants must submit a personal statement that describes their goals and provides evidence of campus or community involvement.
Agnes Drexler Kujawa Memorial Scholarship for Single Mothers
Award amount: Up to $1,000; number of awards varies
- Applicants must be female single parents having legal physical custody of one or more minor children.
- Applicants must be enrolled for at least six undergraduate credits or three graduate credits per semester.
George D. Dallas Scholarship
Award amount: $600; one award
- Applicants must be current seniors or graduates of Stevens Point Area Senior High School.
- Graduates must be full-time freshmen, sophomores or juniors at UWO at the time of application.
- Applicants with a declared major or minor in physical education will be given special consideration.
SSS Students take Pre-College Visitors on a Campus Tour!
Hours during Christmas and New Year's week:
- Monday (12/22) & Tuesday (12/23): 8am-4:30pm
- Wednesday-Thursday: closed
- Friday (12/26): 8am-4:30pm
- Monday (12/29) and Tuesday (12/30): 8am-4:30pm
- Wednesday-Thursday: closed
- Friday (1/2/14): 8am-4:30pm