People and Religion
- Men and women had equal rights. Women could own property, and engage in business like men.
- Men could divorce their wife or marry a second wife if the first one wouldn't or couldn't have a child.
- Children could be sold as slaves, but that didn't usually happen, as children were loved.
- Slaves had some rights, could buy out of slavery, and were treated fairly.
- Babylon was founded prior to the reign of Sargon The Great. He claimed to have built temples there, and some people even say that he founded it himself.
- The next and most famous king was Hammurabi.
- After Hammurabi died the city started to get attacked and start to fall.
- Then Nebopolasser took took the throne
- After him, his son Nebuchadnezzar took the throne.