2018-2019 Parent Newsletter
May 23, 2019 - Issue #35
Thank You for Another Successful Year
Thank you for another wonderful and productive school year. I can’t thank everyone enough for your endless hours of volunteering, chaperoning, reading, organizing, donating and doing whatever was necessary to support students—both at home and at school.
Special thanks to our PTO who went above and beyond the call of duty to provide whatever was necessary to add to our students’ already rich school experience.
That experience could not occur without the endless energy, skills and devotion of the LVES staff. Thanks and well done to an incredible group of professionals that I am honored and proud to work with each day!
A final word to LVES students: Thank you for all your hard work throughout the school year. I am so honored to be your principal; you make me proud to be a Viking. I am grateful for your joy and amazing talents. Best wishes to our third graders who will move up to LVIS next year—please come back and visit. Everyone have a safe and happy summer break.
Until next school year, here’s wishing you love, laughter and learning!
Ocean Week Recap
FINAL REPORT CARDS WENT HOME IN FRIDAY FOLDERS!
Important Yearbook Delivery News
Summer School News
Drop-off and pick up for summer school is in the main hallway. Teachers will not be on duty until 8:30 am, so parents will need to stay with their child until the teacher arrives. There will be signs for each grade level in the main hallway for students to line up.
August Events - Mark Your Calendars
- Kinder Camp - August 2nd from 9:00 am-11:00 am. Incoming kindergarten students get to know the kindergarten teachers, LVES, and meet new friends by rotating through fun stations. A school bus will even be on campus for students to take a tour! Students must be completely registered in order to attend Kinder Camp. If you have any questions regarding registration, please contact Ms. Fidencio at email@example.com
- New Family Orientation - August 8th at 6:00 pm. If you are a new family to LVES for the 2019-2020 school year, join us in the cafeteria to hear about the top 10 things to know about LVES before school starts. Members of the office staff will be on hand to answer your questions and give you a tour of the school.
- Meet The Teacher Night - August 12th from 5:00-6:00 pm. This is the night all families look forward to all summer! This is the chance to come meet your new teacher and drop off school supplies. Postcards from teachers will be mailed home the week prior to Meet The Teacher Night.
Summer Office Hours
School Supply Packs for 2019-2020 are now on sale!
This helps you save time and money when back-to-school shopping. Parents that use EPI school packs save up to 40% compared to the same supplies from a national retailer.
Order deadline is 6/16/19.
To order online:
- Go to: educationalproducts.com/shoppacks
- Enter our school code: LAG 001
- Supplies will be delivered at Meet the Teacher Night on August 12, 2019.”
Contact Stephanie Childs, 512-547-5112 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.”
2019-2020 Academic Calendar
We met our attendance goal for the last week of school! Way to go Vikings:-)
Attendance for the week of 5/23/19: 97%
Grade Level Attendance:
1st Grade: 95%
2nd Grade: 97% - Awesome job of meeting our attendance goal!
3rd Grade: 98% - Amazing job of exceeding our attendance goal!
Character Trait of The Month...
- Say thank you for the things that you receive;
- Think about what you are thankful for and why;
- Show others how nice it feels to be remembered and appreciated by someone;
- Write thank you cards;
- Enjoy giving back;
- Understand that you are not owed things, you earn them.
Happy Last Day of School LVES Families! As we transition into summer, I would like to provide some resources for families that will need help with providing food for their children. There is a food pantry in Lago Vista that is open every Saturday from 9am-1pm, or until they run out of food. The Old Farm Community Food Pantry is located at 3500 Lohman Ford Road, the website for more information is:
Also, you can visit summerfood.org to find a location that provides free meals for kids 18 and younger:
If you are looking for a summer camp for your child, here are some sites with lots of information for camps in and around the Austin area:
I will miss this wonderful group of 3rd graders next year, and I look forward to seeing everyone else at Meet the Teacher Night on August 12th!
I hope you all have a wonderful summer!
:) Amy Sexton
¡Feliz último día de clases a las familias de LVES! A medida que hacemos la transición al verano, me gustaría proporcionar algunos recursos para las familias que necesitarán ayuda para proporcionar alimentos a sus hijos. Hay una despensa de alimentos en Lago Vista que está abierta todos los sábados de 9 am a 1 pm, o hasta que se quedan sin alimentos. The Old Farm Community Food Pantry se encuentra en 3500 Lohman Ford Road, el sitio web para obtener más información es:
Además, puede visitar summerfood.org para encontrar una ubicación que ofrezca comidas gratuitas para niños de 18 años o menos:
Si está buscando un campamento de verano para su hijo, aquí hay algunos sitios con mucha información para campamentos en y alrededor del área de Austin:
Extrañaré a este maravilloso grupo de estudiantes de 3er grado el próximo año, ¡y espero ver a todos los demás en la Noche de Reuniones con los Maestros el 12 de agosto!
Espero que todos tengan un maravilloso verano!
:) Amy Sexton
LVES Office Hours
Christine Harris, Administrative Assistant
Registration and Attendance:
Veronica Fidencio, Registrar/Attendance Clerk
Student Emotional Support:
Amy Sexton, Counselor
Tara Roberts, School Nurse
Discipline and School Improvement:
Michelle Jackson, Principal
Missy Howard, Assistant Principal
Mark Your Calendars...
- June 3rd-27th: LVES Summer Office Hours - Monday-Thursday from 8:00 am-4:00 pm
- June 3rd - June 13th: Summer School, Monday-Thursday from 8:30-11:30 am
- August 2nd: Kinder Camp, 9:00-11:00 am
- August 8th: New Family Orientation, 6:00 pm in Cafeteria
- August 12th: Meet The Teacher, 5:00-6:00 pm
- August 14th: First Day of 2019-2020 School Year