January 10, 2014
- We will also have our first K-Kids bake sale today. All funds raised will go to help send an Indian girl (Laxmi) to school.
- I will be walking a potential K family (Amanda Pietz is mom's name) around the building today at around 2:15.
- Thank you so much for your tweets and support of the 104Twitter Challenge! You are doing a fantastic job and leaving a trail of good ideas behind for other to view! I even received a tweet from a librarian and a teacher from Indiana who stumbled across #104Twitter Challenge and they asked my permission if they could use it in their school! That's what the power of Twitter is all about!!
- We have a pretty good idea of what our Catholic Schools Week will look like January 27-31. We will have a clearer overview for you at our staff meeting January 15. Pam and Terrie (Chapter 6) AND Staci and Dene (Chapter 7) will lead us through two chapters of Classroom Instruction that Works.
- Two Tips for a Positive New Year (from jongordon.com)
- Stay Positive! You can listen to the cynics and doubters and believe that success is impossible OR you can trust that with faith and an optimistic attitude all things are possible.
- Remember that adversity is not a dead-end, but a detour to a better outcome!
- Great Journal question from 5th grade: If you could ask God just one question, what would it be? I've been thinking about that one all afternoon...
Keep Teaching the Peacebuilders Principles!
With your help, we are making a difference!
Dine-Out Night at Applebee's
Wednesday, January 15 3:35 Staff Meeting
Friday, January 17 PeaceBuilders Shirts Day
Family Envelope Goes Home
This is an idea we're going to implement this semester and we'll see where it goes from there. We have a bench out there for now, but Leisa has already secured some funds to get another more "permanent" bench out there later this spring.