Holy Cross Women Apart but Together
August 3, 2021
HCWomen Thursday Night Chats
Starting Sept 2nd, Holy Cross Women will resume Thursday Night Chats!
We are happy to let you know that our study will be “Joshua: Winning the Worry Battle”! New Author Barb Roose says “….as long as we are breathing, worry will be a part of life because we are human………Great news--- we are not powerless against worry……. it is actually possible to fight the worry battle and win, not on our own, but with God giving us victory”. We will be learning from the Israelites how God will/can empower you to win over worry!
Wow that’s exciting, isn’t it? Boy who hasn’t been worried in this passed year or so? BUT it IS possible to win this battle! You in? You’ll want to purchase your workbook as soon as you can. The first lesson should be completed before the first video (Sept 2nd). Pages 1-38 (this includes introduction and background to Joshua as well as the lesson itself)
What’s great about this study is that each daily lesson should take about 20-30 minutes and is easy reading and mostly fill in the blanks and applications and prayers – and at the same time we are digging into God’s Word. Barb’s videos are straight forward and engaging, and down to earth!
More exciting news about Thursday Night Chats:
Pumpkin Patch 2021!
Holy Cross Pumpkin Patch is back on 2021! Pumpkins are coming Oct 10th and the last 3 weekends we will be open with all activities as usual. The Pumpkin Patch is our major fundraiser, so we all benefit from the sales. Not only that, but our outside outreach ministries benefit as well. Since we didn’t have a Pumpkin Patch, we anticipate that we will be really busy, and we will need all hands-on deck. Please consider volunteering for the Women’s Bake Sale Table (and other areas too!). As we approach fall, be thinking of what kind of baked good you would like to bake/purchase to offer to the cause! More details to follow as we get closer!
Worship with Lenny LeBlanc
Let's Do Life Together
Worship at Holy Cross
August 15th All Church In-Person Reopening! – Children and Youth Sunday School return! Donuts and Beverages return!
Sundays at 10:00 am: Three Ways to Worship
(1) In Person – Beginning Aug 15 and for the time being, children aged 2-12 and those who serve them are asked to mask during Sunday School in the Education wing. Otherwise, masking at Holy Cross will be optional.
(2) Livestream without FaceBook https://holy-cross-episcopal-church.freeonlinechurch.com/
(3) Livestream with FaceBook https://www.facebook.com/1holycross
Dates to Remember
· August 15th – Holy Cross Worship All Church In-Person Reopening
· September 2nd – Week 1 On the Edge of Uncertainty--- in person Thursday Night Chats begin 7:30pm
· September 9th – Week 2 God, Knock Down My Worry Walls!
· September 16th – Week 3 Fighting Friends to Help Us
· September 23rd – Week 4 Defeating the kings of Worry
· September 30th – Week 5 Claiming Our Inheritance
· October 7th – Week 6 Amen!
· October 10th: Pumpkins are coming!
· October – last 3 Saturdays & Sundays are Pumpkin Patch