6 Week Toastmaster Speechcraft
Come & find out what Speechcraft is all about!
What is Speechcraft?
Speechcraft is the quickest means by which non-Toastmasters can jump right into the process of improving their speaking skills and an effective means by which a club can build its membership.
It is structured and run like a condensed Toastmaster meeting with short educationals during the meeting and 15 or so minutes of coaching at the conclusion of each meeting. Speechcraft’s short duration appeals to people with busy lives who want to improve their speaking skills but don’t want to make an on-going commitment.
Speechcrafter students learn public speaking and evaluation skills in a safe, supportive environment and derive many of the benefits we as Toastmasters are already familiar with but may have taken for granted. The only difference is with Speechcraft there is a specific time period. What are those benefits?
- Gain confidence in public speaking
- Develop communication and language skills
- Learn to think quickly and clearly
- Become an effective listener
- Evaluate effectively
- Use body language and visual aids
- Advance social skills
- Improve job or promotion prospects
- Experience benefits of a TM club without having to initially join
Speechcraft can also help participants improve performance in:
- Meeting in larger groups
- Motivating people
- Selling ideas or products
- Conducting business meetings
- Impromptu Speaking
- Manging Nervousness
- Introducing a Speaker
- Preparation & Practice
- Speech Structure & Organization
- Beginning & Concluding a Speech
- Body Language
- Vocal Variety
- Knowing an Audience
Friendships and careers can and do blossom from the Speechcraft experience.
Beginning on Thursday evening Sept 4th/2014 at 7:14 p.m.
Speechcraft is the quickest means by which people can jump right into the process of improving their speaking skills. participants learn about good public speaking and have the opportunity to practice within the Speechcraft group, mentored by experienced Toastmasters. Friendships and careers can and do blossom from the Speechcraft experience. Here are a few educational topic sessions that are a part of good public speaking, including the following:
- Take the Terror Out of a Talk
- Speech Organization
- Construct a Speech
- How to Relate to Your Audience
- Vocal Variety
- Using Visual Aids
- Effective Speech Evaluation