We Need YOU for Career Day!
3rd, 4th, and 5th Grade Career Exploration
WHY Career Day?
- Career exploration and planning begins early!
- Career Day exposes students to new and interesting careers.
- Career Day helps students become aware of their interests and abilities.
- Career Day helps students understand the connection between their academic achievement and future career success.
- Career Day helps students begin planning NOW for a successful future!
WHO are the Students at Virginia Cross Elementary?
- 95 percent of our students are eligible for free- and reduced-lunch.
- Some of our students are English Language Learners. Some may not have an English speaking adult in their household.
- Our students are resilient, caring, and open to the world that awaits them.
How Do I Volunteer for Career Day?
- Be available from 12:30-3:00pm on Monday, March 13.
- Prepare to lead 3 identical Career Day sessions with 3rd-5th grade students. A different group of students will attend each session. (A staff member will be in the room with you at all times.)
- Each session lasts 35 minutes. (Total of 3 sessions.) Bring props, visuals, pictures, or other interesting items that relate to your career. Be sure to allow 5-10 minutes for questions.
- Complete the Google form below to indicate your interest in volunteering for Career Day!