Gifted, Grade 5
with Mr. Horak (May 9-13)
1. Genius Hour
2. Intro. to Poetry
3. WONDERFUL WONDERS OF THE WORLD
4. SUNSHINE STATE READERS "CREATE A SCENE". ROUGH DRAFT WRITING
1. Review researching skills
2. Review note taking and citing expectations
Students complete their rough draft, edit, and revise; and then move on to final draft of skit/ play.
-Compare and Contrast
-Cause and Effect
1. Long division review
2. Grade 6 math skills
3. Students complete: TENMARKS Math
4. Students review multiplying and dividing Fraction skills II
5. GRAB AND GO MATH
WHAT'S NEW?- SIMPLY AWEFUL MATH (MENU MATH)
Have students complete the activities without using a calculator (work must be shown).
1. Human Growth and Development
WHAT IS "THE WONDERFUL WONDERS OF THE WORLD" ACTIVITY?
WHAT IS "CREATE A SCENE"? Students learn what it means to create a scene...