Libraries. Books. Reading.
November 2017 Highlights
Follow along daily at:
BLOG - http://valeriebyrdfort.com
TWITTER - @librarygoddess
INSTAGRAM - @librarygoddessblog
25 Books to Christmas
- Tech Crunch https://techcrunch.com/2017/12/14/the-fcc-just-repealed-net-neutrality-what-happens-next/
- Battle for the Net https://www.battleforthenet.com/
- American Library Association https://www.battleforthenet.com/
- Education Week http://blogs.edweek.org/edweek/DigitalEducation/2017/12/FCC_Dismantles_Net_Neutrality_Policy_and_K-12_Schools_Await_Impact.html?utm_medium=Email&utm_source=ExactTarget&utm_campaign=20171217Mindshift&mc_key=00Qi000001WzQFlEAN
Library Goddess Blog Posts
- Let me toot your horn! *I didn't write this in October, but still sharing! I want to come visit you!
- Book Reviews!
Columbia SC Moms Blog Posts
I am one of the contributors to the Columbia SC Moms Blog. Here are my posts from November!
- What I didn't Know... (not about books, but about being a mama!) http://columbiasc.citymomsblog.com/didnt-know/
- Guide to Holiday Events Around Columbia (I updated this from last year - great for local friends! Still a lot of great holiday events going on!) http://columbiasc.citymomsblog.com/holiday-events-columbia/
- Reading with your 6 - 9 year old http://columbiasc.citymomsblog.com/reading-6-9-year-old/
About Valerie Byrd Fort - Library Goddess
I spent 15 years as a librarian in elementary schools before deciding to take a break and stay home with my daughter. When my daughter is sleeping, I read and review children’s books and blog about my reading (and sometimes about my girl). I also teach Children’s Literature at the University of South Carolina as an Adjunct Professor for the School of Library and Information Science. I am passionate about the importance of reading and libraries. I am married to Marty Fort. He owns the Columbia Arts Academy and the Lexington School of Music. I enjoy cooking, Barre3, yoga, and reading. My favorite things to read are funny memoirs and young adult novels. I LOVE picture books, especially those about dogs and families. I am available for special projects, book talks, consulting, and speaking to teachers and librarians about books, kids, and reading. I am also very good with technology and am willing to create a presentation to suit your needs.