Welcome to the 7th Grade!
Kid President's Pep Talk to Teachers and Students!
Welcome to SUCCESS HOUSE. Let's make some history!
Your teachers are...
- Mrs. Thompson (Maternity Leave 1st Quarter)
- Mrs. Brittnacher (Maternity Leave 1st 10 Days)
- Mr. Doell
- Mrs. Kust
- Mrs. Schwittay
- Ms. Matles (1st Quarter)
- Mr. Jarock (1st 10 Days)
Today starts a new beginning!
Look around you right now. Go on, do it. Look around you. Say hi to someone sitting in front of you, or behind you, or a few seats down that you have NOT yet said hi to.
Success House = Your New Team
The 120 kids in this room right now are your new team members.
What makes a good team?
The Success House has three rules. If you follow these three rules, you will easily succeed as an MVP on our team.
- RESPECT yourself.
- RESPECT others.
- RESPECT property.
1. Leaders who are willing to take risks for the good of the team.
2. Kindness. This is harder than it sounds, but so worth it!
Kid President - Pep Talk about Teamwork and Leadership
4. A combined effort (teamwork)
The Power Of TeamWork- Good TeamWork
Do you have what it takes?
WELCOME TO THE TEAM!
Your first challenge...
Now that you have an idea about what it means to be on this team, your first challenge awaits.
- Watch the video about your teachers. (Pay attention!)
- Work together in the small group you'll be assigned to in order to see how much information you can remember.
Work with your group to use your best problem solving skills. Your group has two goals during this challenge:
- INCLUDE everyone (even group members who might be hesitant to participate). Each person must contribute ideas.
- Only positive discussion allowed. No "put downs" of anyone's ideas. None.
What contributed to the failure of this team?
This is a "whole house" activity which will require all students to get into one single file line.
There are two rules:
- You must line up from youngest to oldest.
- There is NO talking. Absolutely none.