P.S. 188Q Weekly Newsletter
May 15th to 19th
A Few Updates:
💝We want to wish all the moms and mom-like figures a "Happy Mother's Day!"
💡As the weather gets warmer, please make sure to send water with your child to school. We do not have bottled water available for the students. The vending machine in the cafeteria should be filled soon for students to purchase bottled water.
🎪Join us on Saturday, May 20th for Spring Family Day! The flyer is below. We hope to see you there!
🚧Annex families, you will not be able to turn left in the Annex parking lot due construction on Union Turnpike. You will also not be able to park on Union Turnpike. Please take note of this upcoming change.
💞Our Kids Heart Challenge❤️ was a success. We had a Family Fitness Night and it was a great time had by all! Our students participated in the culminating event on Friday. A few picture are below.
📑Our next STEM night for grades 3-5 will be May 31st. We look forward to this fun and exciting event!
📢Follow our PTA on Instagram:
PS188Q PTA (@ps188qpta) • Instagram photos and videos
❓Feel free to reach out to any of us if you have any questions:
Mrs. Perez-Fung- Parent Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Nartowicz- Assistant Principal email@example.com.
Mrs. Figueroa- Principal firstname.lastname@example.org
We Surpassed Our Goal for Kids Heart Challenge!💖
Check out photos from our culminating event!!! We had a great time celebrating!
Check out photos from our school wide celebration!
🎪Spring Family Day
Please join the PTA on Saturday, May 20th from 1 to 4 PM for our Spring Family Day!
We will have a DJ, Dancing, Bounce Houses, Snacks, Carnival Games, Face Painting, Raffle Prizes and More!
Tickets are $15 each. If paying by Zelle please use email@example.com and kindly put your child's name and class in the memo line.
Or you can send cash or a check made payable to PS188QPTA in an envelope labeled PTA. Kindly put your child's name and class in the memo line.
Thank you for your continued support and looking forward to seeing you on Saturday, May 20th!
Thank You Mother's Day Sale Parent Volunteers
Dancing Classrooms Family Event
Lace up those dance shoes!! As part of Councilmember Lee's generous grant, we would like to invite all PreK-5 families to join us for an afternoon of dancing led by Dancing Classrooms teaching artists. Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times and adult will need to show ID and sign into the building.
AAPI Heritage Month--Resources for Families from NYCDOE
Check Out Photos from Our Family Fitness Night!
💻Follow the PTA on Instagram!
✔️Gifted & Talented-Students Going Into Grades 1-4 for 2023-2024 School Year
- Eligibility will be based on report card grades. For more information on eligibility please visit our website at schools.nyc.gov/GT.
- The application will run from May 2nd to May 15th. Families can apply through MySchools and at a local Family Welcome Center.
At P.S. 188Q, we will have the following number of seats available for next school year:
1st grade: 14 seats
2nd grade: 1 seat
3rd grade: 0 seats
4th grade: 6 seats
Teachers and Writers Collaborative
The Beautiful Poem
Elsa L., Claire H. and Ethan W.
We all play Roblox
Shout out to the person who made gaming
Shoot out to majestic animals
pandas and cats
We like Reading Warriors!
and so do we like sports and hobbies
we love to eat, shout out to animals!
We also love Minecraft!
We all shout out to online games
We love our families that raised us!
We love to sleep and we love to stay up till midnight!
Shout out to Roblox Doors!!!
Who likes STEAM, they support life
Lastly, all shout out to Earth!!!
District 26 Parent Workshops
- May 15th: Book of the Month Assembly at Annex; NYSLESLAT Reading, Writing and Listening begins
- May 17th: Book of the Month Assembly at Main; Last Day of Wednesday Self-Sustaining After School; PTA Meeting @ 7:00 p.m.
- May 18th: Last day of Morning Library; Self-Sustaining and Dancing Classrooms Afterschool
- May 19th: Parent Workshop with Mrs. Hollis @ Annex 9:00 a.m.
- May 20th: PTA Sponsored Spring Family Day
- May 23rd: Dancing Classrooms Family Event for PreK-5 @ 3:30-5:00 p.m.
- May 24th: Parent Tour for incoming First Grade at the Main Building 9:00 a.m.; NO Dancing Classrooms Afterschool
- May 25th: Parent DEI Meeting @ 9:30 a.m.; Last Day of Thursday Self-Sustaining Afterschool; Dancing Classrooms Afterschool; P.S. 188Q Art Show and Chorus Concert @ 5:30 p.m.
- May 26th: 7:30 a.m. Student DEI Meeting in Library
- May 29th: No School- Memorial Day
- May 30th: Kindergarten Orientation 9:00 a.m. for incoming Kindergarten parents
- May 31st: PTA Sponsored Number Drummer; Dancing Classrooms Afterschool; STEM Night for Grades 3-5
- June 1st: PTA Sponsored Number Drummer; Dancing Classrooms Afterschool; D26 Civics for All Share Fair at MS 67Q
- June 2nd: Safety meeting @ 7:30 a.m. via Zoom; PTA Sponsored Number Drummer
- June 5th: PreK, Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd Field Day in school yards
- June 6th: 3rd and 4th Grade Field Day in school yard
- June 7th: 5th Grade Field Day at Alley Pond Park; Dancing Classrooms Afterschool
- June 8th and 9th: No School for students
- June 12th: Kindergarten students visit Main for tour
- June 13th: PTA Sponsored Mr. Chris' Musical Experience for PreK to 5th grade at the Main; Father's Day Sale at Main
- June 14th: Flag Day; 5th Grade Trip; Dancing Classrooms Afterschool
- June 15th: 5th Grade Awards Assembly and Dance; Dancing Classrooms Afterschool LAST CLASS
- June 16th: 5th Grade Graduation 9:00 a.m. in P.S. 188Q Auditorium
- June 20th: PreK End of the Year Celebration 1:15 p.m. @ Annex
- June 21st: Incoming PreK Parent Orientation @ Annex 9:00 a.m.
- June 22nd: 3rd Grade Dancing Classrooms Calumniating Event with parents- 9:00 a.m.
- June 23rd: Kindergarten End of the Year Show 9:00 a.m. @ Main; PTA Sponsored Movie Night
- June 27th: Last Day of School for all; Report cards available on NYCSA at 3:00 p.m.