January 10, 2022
I hope that everyone had a great weekend.
As we are all aware, COVID cases have been on the rise, which means we have several students who are out. We are asking that parents please contact Nurse Macomber at firstname.lastname@example.org, if your child is positive. The nurse is the only person at Pershing who can give you a return date based on HISD's Ready, Set, Go Plan.
This Friday marks the end of the first semester. All students enrolled in a high school credit class will have to take a final exam. The teacher should have already communicated with the students the date of their exam. All grades will be posted by Wednesday, January 19th, at 5 p.m. and report cards will go home on Friday, January 21st.
Monday and Tuesday are student holidays! There is no school for students, so they get an extra long weekend.
As always, if you have any questions, please let us know.
Have a great week!
Week @ A Glance
- SDMC Meeting @ 4:15 (via Zoom)
- PTO Meeting @ 6:30 (via Zoom)
- JJP Swim v. Black (@ JJP)
- Semester 1 Ends
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday - NO SCHOOL
- Teacher Prep Day - NO SCHOOL
- Semester 2 Begins
- New Bell Schedule Begins
- JJP Swim v. Tanglewood @ JJP
Revised Bell Schedule BEGINNING January 19, 2022
- Where can I find contact information for my child's teacher? Our website directory is an excellent place to find our faculty and staff email addresses.
- How can I monitor my child's grades? HISD Connect Parent Portal is the spot! Click here for information on setting up an HISD Connect Parent Portal account.
- I have a question, but I'm not sure who to reach out to for an answer. If you have a question, you can reach out to your child's Homeroom teacher, Counselor, or Assistant Principal for assistance.
- I need to schedule a meeting with a teacher, what do I do? Please email the teacher(s) you wish to meet with and allow them 24 hours to respond. Teachers are provided with a planning period each day, so they will send you those times to schedule a meeting. You can also call the main office at 713-295-5240 and leave a message for the teacher.
- I feel disconnected now that my child is in middle school. How can I get involved? This is easy. Join the PTO and attend the regularly scheduled meetings. We also recommend you attend the sporting events, fine arts performances, and PTO events throughout the year.
Steven Shetzer, Principal
Carrie Curtis, 6th Grade Assistant Principal
Maria Jackson, 6th/7th Grade Assistant Principal
Tyesha Beller, 7th Grade Assistant Principal
Alberto Fernandez, 8th Grade Assistant Principal
Amy Ford, 8th Grade Assistant Principal
Grisury Candelaria, Magnet Coordinator
Campus Support Team
Sherman Parker, 6th Grade Counselor
Enitsha Allen-Cooper, 7th Grade Counselor
Sara Graur, 8th Grade Counselor
Alesha Rushing, Wraparound Specialist
Jolynn Vallejo, CIS Social Worker