Stallion Nation Parent News
Week of February 12th
Celebrating Black History Month
The month of February is filled with learning opportunities for our scholars as we celebrate Black History Month. Check out our calendar of events!
Week of February 6th: HBCU Theme for Stallion Time and morning announcements
Week of February 12th: BHM Art Gallery - featuring portraits created by Ms. Gerald's Art students
- Window/Doors into History- Door decorating contest celebrating African American Inventors
- Celebration Time! - Black History Month tributes performed by our Stoddert Dance Team, Chorus, Orchestra, Modeling Troupe, and members of our Drama Club
February 16th: Stop Everything and Read: Black History Month Read-In at 9 am
- Calling all Community Members: share a passage from your favorite African American author or poet
- Email Ms. Killby at email@example.com to sign up
Week of February 19th: Entertainment and Sports Theme for Stallion Time and morning
February 23rd: Black History Month Trivia Bowl (grade levels compete in the library)
Week of February 26th:- Local History Makers theme for Stallion Time and morning announcements
Is Your Scholar Missing a Coat or Jacket?
There are dozens of winter coats and light jackets in our Stoddert Lost and Found. If your scholar is missing one of these items, please have them search the Lost and Found this month. It is located on the first floor by our School Store. Because we are running out of storage space, items remaining after February 29th will be donated to local organizations.
Laptop Charger Concerns
We're noticing an increased number of scholars with laptop chargers that, due to wear and tear, have exposed wires in the cords of their chargers. This is dangerous. Please check your scholar's laptop charger. If you notice exposed wires, please dispose of the charger. Scholars can purchase a new laptop charger in our school store every morning from 8:15- 8:45 am.
It's Joe Corbi's Fundraiser Time!
ATTENTION PARENTS! Here are 4 EASY Steps to Help!
1. REGISTER to create a Pop-Up Shop for your student to participate. Visit Joecorbi.com and click “PARTICIPANT REGISTRATION” and use our Org ID # 2485
2. SHARE your fundraiser with Friends & Family. Your scholar received their packet last week. WRITE your NEW 6-digit Participant Code on Page 9 of your brochure. Your Supporters can now order online or use your brochure order form.
3. ORDER for Yourself!
4. RETURN your Summary Sheet and Total Money Due for your brochure orders only by the Sale END Date (February 16th). Keep your Order Form showing your Supporters. We accept CASH, M/O’s and checks payable to: Benjamin Stoddert M.S.
BSMS Tutoring Opportunities
As we continue to strive for academic excellence at BSMS, we are excited provide an opportunity for additional support and resources for our scholars. Our after-school tutoring program is designed to provide personalized assistance to scholars who may need extra help with their coursework, homework, or specific subjects.
Benefits of After-School Tutoring:
- Personalized attention for each student
- Clarification of challenging concepts
- Assistance with homework and assignments
- Development of effective study habits
- Increased confidence and motivation
Our tutors will be available to assist scholars in the following core subjects:
- English Language Arts (Reading/Writing)
- Social Studies
Details of the After-School Tutoring Program:
- Days: Mondays or Wednesdays
- Time: 3:15 p.m. – 4:45 p.m.
- Location: Room A125 (Located in the 6th grade wing)
*Please note transportation is not provided and your scholar will need to be picked up promptly at 4:45 p.m.
How to Enroll:
If you believe your scholar could benefit from additional academic support, please complete the google form using the link below, and our program coordinator, Ms. Tami Dahm, will contact you once your scholars spot is confirmed.
If you have any questions regarding the after-school tutoring program, please do not hesitate to contact Ms. Tami Dahm at firstname.lastname@example.org.