Texas Tech University Health Center
By Litzy Guevara
Internist specializing in infectious disease
- four year medical school
- three year intensive residency program in internal medicine
- pass the Medical Licensing Examination
Types of Specialties
- infectious disease
- sport medicine
- critical care medicine
- four to five days per week with normal hours
- see about twenty-four patients a day
- able to develop long-term relationships with patient and patients family
- average annual internist salary (no matter the specialty) range from $184,200 to $231,691
Submit a freshman application and pay a non-refundable application fee.
Have an official high school transcript showing GPA and class rank sent directly to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
Have college entrance test scores, either the SAT or the ACT, sent from the testing agency at the time the test is taken.
What to Expect
Cost to Attend
What to do after
"Internal Medicine Career Guide: Job Description, Qualifications & Career Outlook." Gap Medics US. 2013. Web. 07 Apr. 2016.
"School of Medicine." School of Medicine. Web. 07 Apr. 2016.
"Admission Requirements." Office of Official Publications. N.p., n.d. Web. 08 Apr. 2016.