Our question is:
What are the differences between the Sioux and the Hopis?
They had different clothing, tools, and homes due to where they live.
They ate vegies and fruits. They also made jerky by pounding animal fat and dried the mix
- they ate berries
- squash, corn
Wepons and Tools
They had knifes, bows. Knifes were made from buffalo bones, and wood. Bows were made from green ash. They also made shields, and they were decorated by feathers, and paint for memories and dreams.
- The jerky for would keep for two years.
- green ash is a tree
- They used medicine bags made from buffalo skins.
They hunted buffalo, deer, and other smaller animals.
In the Sioux a 10 year old boy could start hunting bigger animals then before.
Before the Sioux had horses they had to hunt on their feet.
They also used animal skin to hide from their prey
- They hunted buffalo, deer, and other smaller animals.
- In the Sioux a 10 year old boy could start hunting bigger animals then before.
- Before the Sioux had horses they had to hunt on their feet.
- They also used animal skin to hide from their prey
The Sioux lived a nomadic life style they live in tepees made from 6-20 buffalo hides
They were easy to transport while following prey.
They were put up, took down, and made by woman.
Camps were put in circular shape and they faced the east.
The families in the tribe get together and trade new stuff they got from other tribes.
They gave gifts and had special feasts called give away.
They played ball games and raced horses
They also did sun dances
- Clothing was made from elk skin, deer skin, and tanned buffalo hides.
- They used vegetable dye to dye the clothing.
- Their clothing was cool but also protected them.
- Osinski,Alice. The Sioux. children press Chicago: 1984. Print.