November 25th, 2023 - December 2nd, 2023
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER
11/6/23 - 11/28/23 - Application Period for FISD Insight (See info below)
11/25/23 - GMS - Enriching Students opens for students for week of 11/27-12/1
11/27/23 - Middle School Advanced Academics Night, 6:00PM-7:30PM (See info below)
11/27/23 - FISD Community Input Meeting, 6:30PM-7:30PM (See info below)
11/28/23 - Angel Tree Donations due Tuesday, Nov. 28th
11/28/23 - Griffin 7th & 8th Winter Band Concert, 6:00PM-7:00PM @ Wakeland HS (See info below)
11/29/23 - 8th Grade Girls Basketball vs Fowler Middle School, 5:30PM-8:30PM, @ Fowler MS
11/29/23 - 7th Grade Boys Basketball vs Fowler Middle School, 5:30PM-8:30PM, @ Griffin MS
11/29/23 - FISD Achieve Mentor Training, 6:00PM-7:00PM (See info below)
11/30/23 - 7th Grade Girls Basketball vs Fowler Middle School, 5:30PM-8:30PM, @ Griffin MS
11/30/23 - 8th Grade Boys Basketball vs Fowler Middle School, 5:30PM-8:30PM, @ Fowler MS
11/30/23 - 12/21/23 - FEF Scholarship Application Opens (See info below)
FROM THE DESK OF PRINCIPAL SOILEAU
Griffin Gator Families,
November and the holiday season brings with it a sense of gratitude, and I would like to express my heartfelt thankfulness to our dedicated teachers, supportive parents, and hardworking students. Together, we create an environment that fosters a love for learning and a commitment to excellence. Let's continue this partnership throughout this holiday season and school year.
We look forward to welcoming the students back to campus on Monday, November 27th. With that, we ask for your continued partnership with Student Expectations: As we enter the holiday season, we will be reviewing and reminding students of the expectations that we have at Griffin in the hallways, cafeteria, bathrooms, and classrooms. Please help support us with discussing this at home as well.
***Reminder: Angel Tree Donations are due Tuesday, Nov. 28th.
Enriching Student reminder: Since we have had a long break this week, we are asking students to sign up for their Enriching Students classes over the weekend for Nov. 27th - Dec. 1st. Enriching students will be open from Saturday at 10:00AM to Monday at 2:30 PM.
Griffin PTA Reflection Winners
Application Period for FISD Insight 11/6/23-11/28/23
From students and the School Board to transportation and technology, Insight classes will allow us to shed light on what goes into cultivating the successes of our students and various FISD programs/departments. The Insight application for the 2024 class will open on Monday, November 6, 2023 and closes at noon on Monday, November 27.
Open to the public
From: November 6, 2023 thru November 27, 2023
Middle School Advanced Academics Night 11/27/23
For: Students and Parents in Grades 5th-7th
Date: November 27, 2023
Time: 6:00 - 7:30 PM
For Questions, contact: Srikrishna Chetty
FISD Community Input Meeting 11/27/23
Community Input Meetings will not have specific topics on the agenda. As a result, speakers may speak on any topic related to Frisco ISD business or operations. Stakeholders will be called up to speak in the order in which they signed up and each community stakeholder will have up to three minutes to speak to District leadership.
Date: November 27, 2023
Time: 6:30 - 7:30 PM
Location: Frisco ISD Administration, 5515 Ohio Drive, Frisco, Texas 75035
Griffin MS 7th & 8th Grade Winter Band Concert 11/28/23
We would like to invite ALL of you to the 7th and 8th grade bands’ Winter Concert Tuesday evening at Wakeland High School! We begin at 6 pm and should be finished around 7pm! Please come out and support our Griffin Band students!
The ensembles performing include (in order of appearance): Concert Band, GatorJazz, Symphonic Band, Percussion Ensemble, and Wind Symphony.
FISD Achieve Mentor Training 11/29/23
Please RSVP below to attend this event. Training Location: FISD Administration Building; 5515 Ohio Drive, Frisco, TX 75035. Park in rear of building, enter training room entrance, enter Training Room A.
When: November 29, 2023
Time: 6:00 - 7:00 PM
Where: Frisco ISD Administration Board Room, 5515 Ohio Drive, Frisco, Texas 75035
Contact Randall Ford for questions:
FEF Scholarship Application Opens 11/30/23 through 12/21/23
Application Opens: November 30, 2023
Stars Guard Recruiting
If your student is interested, please scan the QR code below using the students FISD email and fill out the information. For any questions please email Mr. Madrid at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Tutoring for Middle Schoolers is now available through the FISD RAIL Program
FISD Flu Clinics are Open
Started: August 28, 2023
Ends: November 30, 2023
STUDENT SAFETY - IMPORTANT TRAFFIC FLOW INFORMATION!!!
Here are a few reminders to help keep our students safe and expedite the pickup and drop off process at Griffin Middle School.
- The speed limit on campus is 10 MPH at all times.
- All lanes must stop at the stop sign on the west side or back of the building and the stop sign on the east side of the building before the cross walks.
- Pay attention to the cross walk locations to avoid stopping or parking on them. Stopping on the cross walks can be dangerous as it forces students to cross where you may not expect them.
- Please pull forward in the carpool lines to keep the line moving and to allow other cars to enter the parking lot.
- There are 2 lines to enter the south entrance off Lenox and one line for exiting. Do not enter on the exit lane as this could cause a backup or accident.
- Pickup and drop off your students ONLY in the designated lanes to the right hand side. Follow the traffic flow map for afternoon pick-up.
- Remember, parking on the school side of Lenox is not permitted between 2:00-4:00PM. Parking on Lenox has caused a backup onto Eldorado which is unsafe.
- Morning drop off is either in the front of the school or on the cafeteria side. Cafeteria doors open at 7:45AM. The front doors open at 7:45AM.
- In the morning, please avoid dropping your child off inside the fire lane in the front of the school, this space is reserved for buses.
- Afternoon pick-up: 8th grade is North side by Eldorado, 6th and 7th grade is South side by Cafeteria. Only buses should be in the front (East side) of the building. Map is also attached.
- Please remember your vehicle must be at a complete stop in a school zone if using your cell phone. If the car is in motion, using your phone is against the law.
- Lastly, please remember to be patient and courteous to your fellow parents. We understand pick up and drop off can be hectic due to the sheer volume of cars on campus during these times.
Support the Frisco Education Foundation through Amazon Smile
You can support the Frisco Education Foundation by shopping on smile.amazon.com. Choose the Frisco Education Foundation as the recipient and .5% of the purchase price will go straight to the FEF.
The Frisco Education Foundation is the 501(c)3 not-for-profit that exists solely to benefit the students and staff of Frisco ISD. Click here to learn more about the FEF.
FISD Printable Calendars
Get to Know the Calendars on the District Website
The Frisco ISD calendar section has numerous functionalities. You can customize your calendar to include only the district calendars that are applicable to you before printing, subscribing or syncing to your Outlook. For example, high school athletics and middle school fine arts can each be specified by campus and activity.
GRIFFIN MIDDLE SCHOOL HOURS
SCHOOL HOURS: 8:25 AM - 3:45 PM School doors to the main entrance and cafeteria will open at 7:45 AM each day.
A.M. tutorials begin at 7:55 AM and P.M. tutorials end at 4:05.