BCS Elementary Counseling Newsletter
What's Going on in Guidance?
Check out the 9 strategies your students have been learning:
Goals for Life
GFL # 1 I can be okay, even if I'm mad.
GFL # 2 I can be okay, even if others are not okay.
GFL # 3 I can be productive and follow directions, even if I don't want to.
Talking at Home
Teaching the Goals for Life at home...
1. If your child has trouble managing an overwhelming feeling... (mad, sad, excited)
- Can you be okay, even when you feel _______? (insert feeling)
- Is it ever okay to be hurtful, even if you are ______? (insert feeling)
2. If your child makes poor choices because others are making poor choices...
("But Mom, he was jumping on the bed too!")
- Can you make good choices, even if others are not?
- When others break the rules, what can you do?
3. If your child has trouble following your directions...
- I know it's hard, but can you follow my directions, even if you don't feel like it?
- Who is in charge at home, kids or adults?
BCS Elementary School
Need to contact Mrs. Feeney? Click HERE to send her an email.