School Edition, Escolar, Moderna, E-STAX
Digital Resources are purchased by NEISD Library Services and
located in NEISD Launchpad
What Is It?
- Britannica School Edition (3 content levels of encyclopedias)
- Britannica Escolar (authentic Spanish encyclopedia - 2 levels)
- Enciclopedia Moderna (authentic Spanish encyclopedia - high school level+)
- Britannica E-STAX
Who Should Use It?
Lab Computers? Yes
Class sets of iPads and Chromebooks? Yes
At Home Use? Yes
How To Get Started?
Britannica is accessed through your Library Resources folder in NEISD Launchpad or from your campus Library Resource Page.
What's the Best Way to Use Britannica?
Britannica E-STAX provides ebooks for grades k-8th. The focus of the collection is providing resources for life science, earth science, early readers, and ebooks for English Language Learners (Spanish bilingual books for ELL students)
- How to Use E-STAX video (2:10 min.)
- Downloading E-Books (2:31 min.)
- STEM Collection pdf (Let's Find Out! STEM Collection and Elementary STEM Collection are included in NEISD collection)
Britannica School, Enciclopedia Moderna and Britannica Escolar encyclopedias provide articles at multiple reading levels. Search results provide links to articles, images and videos that can be incorporated into student projects. Additional resources, such as web links and primary source materials, may also be available on the left hand column.
Within an article, students can change the level of the reading material up or down if needed. Students can email, save or print the article. Articles can be read aloud to students and translated into multiple languages. Font size is adjustable. Citations are available in four different styles, including APA and MLA.
Teachers have access to resources that recommend articles based on standards. Within an article, teachers can also select a tab that pulls up the standards addressed with that article. Britannica allows teachers to share an article with their students through Google Classroom with one easy click.
Digital Resource Spotlight
Take advantage of digital resources and provide students with interesting, diverse, and current learning materials. Use age and curriculum appropriate digital tools to ENGAGE your students and MOTIVATE them to want to learn.
Library Services DIIP Goal 22-2
Increase the use of district purchased digital content (eBooks) and electronic resources (databases) by students, staff, and parents through:
- promotion at librarian and principal meetings
- promotion at campus meetings (PTA, family nights, etc.)
- promtion at district level meetings
- social media
Usage statistics will increase by 10%.