Date: October 20, 2019
Quote of the Week
"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser."
-John W. Gardner
Thank you for your flexibility in scheduling the "Ice Cream Sundae" event on Thursday. Your enthusiasm helped make this a fun time for the students! Thanks again for your support for Boosterthon this year and helping the PTA raise funds. They are going to be able to help financially support many projects for the school. Enjoy and spread joy in the week ahead!
Peter, Sarah, and Aaryn
- Shout Outs: To Alexis Pattinson who was married yesterday and is now Mrs. Claassen. Congratulations! To all teachers who helped our substitute teachers on Friday! To the interventionists for helping cover classes on Friday!
- 10/21 Teacher Workday: Remember that you can adjust your hours how you like tomorrow. Enjoy a long and quiet lunch as well! Dress is casual.
- Wednesday: We will have our vertical team meetings this Wednesday.
- CogAT Testing: Testing for our 2nd graders will be going on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of this week in the morning. Please be sure to be very quiet on the blue hall each morning during testing.
- Sub Folders & Information for Substitute Teachers: It has come to my attention that several teachers do not have the necessary information available and in some cases even a sub notebook available for substitute teachers. Please refer to the section in the Staff Handbook titled "Sub Plans" to review what is required in the notebook. Items #9 and #10 have just been added to provide subs additional help. Please have this notebook available with all the required information on your desk by 8:00 am on Friday to be checked. I will come around and check to be sure everyone has one.
- Red Ribbon Week: This will be next week. Spirit days will be as follows: Mon - wear red, Tue - wear bright colors, Wed - wear favorite team shirts or colors, Thur - wear a hat, Fri - Colts spirit day
Tina Stroud, 10/21
- 10/21: Teacher Workday - No School for Students
- 10/22: CogAT Testing (2nd Grade), 5th Grade Field Trip, Leadership Team Meeting at 2:50, School Board Meeting at 6:00 PM
- 10/23: CogAT Testing (2nd Grade), Vertical Team Meetings at 2:50, SIC Meeting at 6:00 PM
- 10/24: CogAT Testing (2nd Grade)
- 10/25: Box Tops Due, PTA Treat Trolley
- 10/28-11/1: Red Ribbon Week
- 10/30: Annual York Co. Emergency Management Training at 2:50