Foods of Europe
- Most tourists visit France than any other country worldwide.
- Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, France, Switzerland, Austria, Luxembourg
- popover: baked in hot pan drippings from the roast beef
- stollen: yeast bread filled with dried fruit
- Before the 19th century the term 'Nordic' was commonly used to mean Northern Europe.
- Denmark, Norway, Sweden, United Kingdom
- Lutefisk: dried cod soaked in culinary ash and water.
- paella: rice seasoned with saffron and mixed with a puree of onions red bell pepper etc.
- The area is fairly mild and wet in the winter and can be very hot and dry in the summer
- Spain, France, Italy
- Moussaka- A casserole with lamb eggplant and tomatoes in custard
- Baklava- a sweet dessert made with layers of phyllo with finely chopped walnuts