This flier is about football!!!
I hope you like my flier about football!!! my favorite football teams are at the bottom.
U of U football highlights 2008
These are some facts about football!!!
- American Football grew out of English sports such as rugby and soccer and became popular on American college campuses in the late 1800s.m
- In 1876, a coach named Walter Camp, who is considered the “Father of American Football,” helped produce the first rules of American football. Among important changes were the introduction of line scrimmages and down-and-distance rules.b
- The American Professional Football Association was formed in 1920; two years later it changed its name to the National Football League (NFL), which would ultimately become the major league of American football.b The Super Bowl is the most watched show in the U.S.
- The most watched television event in the United States is the Super Bowl.b
- It takes about 600 cows to make one full season’s worth of NFL footballs.l
- The Wilson Sporting Goods Company in Ada, Ohio, has been the official football supplier for the NFL since 1941. They make more than 2 million footballs of all sorts every year.l
- A cow has only a 1 in 17,420,000 chance of becoming an NFL football that is used in the Super Bowl.l
- Only two players have caught, rushed, and thrown a touchdown against the same team in the same game: Walter Payton in 1979 and David Patton in 2001.q
- While football originally was popular in Midwestern industrial towns, its growth in popularity around the U.S. is typically traced to the 1958 NFL Championship game, which has been called the “Greatest Game Ever Played.”m
- Dallas Cowboys running back Tony Dorsett is the only player to rush for a 99-yard touchdown, in 1983.