Mrs. Reiber's Apple Newsletter
May 11, 2015
- The after-school end of testing celebration for 4th and 5th grade is this Friday, May 15. It ends at 4:15 p.m. Permission slips went home 2 weeks ago and were due back by today.
- May Scholastic book orders are being ordered today, it is the last time I am putting in an order this year.
- Our students are taking the end of year MAP tests (on the computer, here at Munroe) on Wednesday and Thursday of this week. Encourage your child to be present that day and to try their best! I will send home a paper with their progress when I get the results.
- I have included a link to the Study Jams website, below. Click on the topic "measurement" to review important concepts about math!
Happy Birthday to Clara this week!
This week's VIP is Brian!
What We Are Learning...
- Math - We will finish our year with a mini-unit about measurement! There will not be a unit test, just to let you know.
- Reading - We will finish our poetry unit. We will continue Theater Thursdays, Magazine Mondays, and Flora & Ulysses Fridays!
- Writing - Spelling is finished for the year. In writing, we will work on our short research project about a topic of our choosing. Feel free to send in books from your public library - ask your child about their topic!
- Science - We have begun our final science unit - Electricity! We will learn about static electricity, magnetism, and electrical current. There will not be a unit test for science, just to let you know.