Friday, June 1, 2018
Thoughts from Mrs. Lewis....
- We will have our staff get together on Friday, June 8 at Deercroft -- As soon as students have been loaded up on buses, please report to Deercroft. A sign up sheet will be given for you to sign up to bring a covered dish. We will also have the pool open and play corn hole, have music. A time of social gathering and fun!
- The 2018-2019 pay dates can be viewed: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Mc_LVuO-kCRIIzfjW1ryh03H_ttSSDi_/view
- The schedule for June 11 - 15 will be as follows... Monday - Remediation; Tuesday - Science Re-testing; Wednesday - Reading Retesting; Thursday - Math Retesting; Friday - Finish up Testing for any 2 dayers; Thank you to all who have agreed to help out! You rock!!!
- For the remainder of the school year, if you have students in your classroom at the end of the day, please station yourself in the doorway to be able to monitor students in the hallway and in the classroom. The expectation is that students leave each day on the green in a quiet and orderly manner. All staff members not on duty should station themselves in the hallway/cafeteria and enforce hallway expectations each day for the remainder of the year
- Cumulative Folders / Report Cards / EOY Checklist - Please know all staff must complete their cumulative folders and prepare report card envelopes BEFORE going home for the summer. ALSO, the EOY checklist must be signed by all staff members indicated on the form to ensure all EOY duties are completed. (Please do not leave campus for the summer without these items being complete.)
- EOY checklist - The EOY checklist has been placed in your box. (hot pink) All forms to be completed (indicated in the from) will be copied and placed in the mailroom with the exception of the class list form. It is attached. Class lists should be completed electronically and sent to Mrs. Lewis before the end of the year. Follow all directions carefully.
- Class Lists - Complete the class lists for the upcoming year 2018-19. This should be done electronically keeping in mind all parameters listed on the form. Save the form as follows...7th grade Class 1 - T. Johnosn, 7th grade Class 2 - Oswald, etc.
- There will be a faculty vs. student basketball game for students that earn it. Students that receive any ISS or OSS will not be eligible to attend. Stay tuned for the date and time.
- Awards - Information on schedule and who is doing what will be in your box by the end of the week.
Grade Level Specific News
Grade Level Specific News
June 2 - Sports Physicals
June 11-15 - Summer school dates
June 18 - 22 - Curriculum Review Week
June 18 - Summer Hours begin this week
June 25-28 - CTE Camp - rising middle school and rising 6th through 9th graders, focus is STEAM careers
July 9 - 31 - Summer Feeding - sites to be determined (Harvest Ministries and CNS)
July 16 - 18 - Facilitator Week
July 16 - 26 - Passport STEM through Burroughs Wellcome Grant (Monday through Thursday)
July 30, July 31, August 1 - Leadership Retreat
August 6 - Summer Schedule ends (Normal hours begin)
August 14-16 - Summer Bridge Dates for rising 9th graders
August 22, Wednesday, 2 - 7 p.m., for middle schools, Shaw & 9th graders
August 23, Thursday, 2 - 7 p.m., for 10th - 12th graders (SHS)
August 23, Thursday, 4 - 7 p.m. for elementary
- Instructional Technology newsletter: https://www.smore.com/b1psd
- (From Cabinet) Please share with Math teachers: TEXTBOOK EVALUATION ADVISORS NEEDED FOR GRADES K-8 MATHEMATICS 2018 TEXTBOOK ADOPTION. Interest will be considered in the areas listed; Grades K-5 Mathematics, Grades 6-8 Mathematics, Exceptional Children, English Learners - send Dr. McRae the names of those who will participate (Are you interested? Please let me know if you would like to participate.)
- (From Cabinet) IMPORTANT! Teachers, please make sure that you archive your GoGuardian Classroom after you have completed instruction and have NO need to monitor student Chromebooks. Archiving your GoGuardian Classroom will ensure that students will not encounter access issues when they begin classes again in August. For help with archiving your GoGuardian Classroom, please access instructions through the following link.
- (From Cabinet) Reminder: School Board Policy 3410 states that EOC, CTE, and NC Final Exams count 20% of the final grade for students.
- ABSENCES: Please know that your attendance is needed for the remainder of school due to testing, retesting and remediation. Please make every attempt to avoid absences.
- Supervision: As we move closer to the end of year, it is vital we are more vigilant. Student behaviors escalate so it is important we keep students on task.
- Check this information out about Scotland County Data - Very interesting http://www.ncchild.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/scotland.pdf
- BATHROOMS: Please look in before students use the restroom and afterwards to ensure our bathrooms are left tidy. We want to keep writing off the walls and ensure our bathrooms are clean for our students.
- ATTENTION: Please do not send school-wide emails without administrator approval. This includes game changes, plate sales, general announcements, etc.
- REPORT CARDS - In reviewing student report cards, there are class after class that doesn't have a comment. Please know that comments are an expectation to provide parents feedback, good or bad.
- If students communicate suicidal or homicidal intentions to you, your FIRST point of contact should be an administrator IMMEDIATELY. Do NOT email administration. Call for them in the front office and inform staff that it is an emergency.
- Make sure to notify administration or Mrs. Fehlman when you suspect child abuse or neglect. See the agreement between SCS and DSS here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/11pVs4aMBIqUxqPBjfVgXJZtMOg9LaEzHGrc-ICsha-E/edit
End of Year Calendar
Saturday, June 2: Free Sports physicals at the High School
Monday, June 4: Math End of Grade Testing Make Ups
Tuesday, June 5: Staff Meeting
Thursday, June 7: 8th Grade Promotion Ceremony
Thursday, June 7: PBIS/AR Luau
Friday, June 8: 6th/7th Grade Awards Day
Friday, June 8: Last Day of School/Dismiss @ Noon
June 11: EOG Booster Remediation Day 8:30-12:30 Middle School
June 12-14: 3-8 Testing (All Optional Work Days)
8:30-12:30 Middle School (Parents will be notified if testing ends earlier with the option to pick up students before 12:30)