DuPont Elementary Third Grade
What We're Learning...
Skills we will cover this week:
Reading: Aero and Officer Mike
Comprehension Skill: Author's Purpose
Target Strategy: Summarizing
Grammar: Pronoun-Verb Agreement
Writing: Informative Writing
Phonics: Words with -ar, -or, and -ore
Math: Measurement, Fractions
Social Studies: Map Skills, North America, Landforms
Science: Sky Watchers
December 1-5 Word Study
These are the Word Study words for this week. We will have a quiz on Friday!
horse, mark, storm, market, acorn, artist, March, north, barking, stork, thorn, forest, chore, restore
Review: dark, story
Challenge: partner, fortune
December 1-5 Vocabulary Words
These are the vocabulary words and the definitions for this week. We will also have a quiz on these words on Friday!
- lying– in a flat position
- loyal- someone who stands by you in good times and in bad
- partners- people who work closely together
- shift- a set amount of time in which people work
- quiver- shake with little movements because of cold, fear, anger, or excitement
- patrol- to watch over and guard an area
- ability- you are able to do something
- snap- to open and close quickly
This week, we will be reviewing the multiplication facts we've learned so far. On Friday during math, we will have a one minute timed test to see how many facts students can answer.