Colerain All Stars Newsletter
Week of November 29th
- Sensory & Self Regulation Strategies Session - Please watch the recorded session and complete the short feedback survey.
- Please save and send "egg cartons" to school - These will be used by Mr. Vance's Art Classes. Thanks!!!
- Please consider donating lightly used (or new) sweat/athletic pants (all sizes) to Colerain. These will be provided to our students if they have accidents through out the school day.
- Free At-Home COVID Tests - are available at all Columbus Library Locations
- JOIN the Colerain Elementary Families Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/groups/450787118284371
CCS Virtual Family Engagement Sessions
Free Elementary COVID-19 Vaccine Clinics
Columbus City Schools is partnering with Nationwide Children’s Hospital and Columbus Public Health to provide free COVID-19 vaccine clinics at every CCS elementary school for our students ages 5-11. We've made it as easy as possible for our younger students to get this life-saving vaccine. Parents must provide consent before the vaccines can be given, so we want to answer any questions you might have. Join tonight’s Virtual Family Engagement Session to hear from our pediatric health partners and school health teams as we talk about the safety of the COVID-19 vaccine for younger students. We will also show you step-by-step how to complete the online consent form.
Thursday, December 2 / 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Join Zoom Meeting: https://ccsoh-us.zoom.us/j/87077584591
PBIS Tier I – Starts with School-Wide Expectations
- "Be Respectful"
- "Be a Kind Friend"
- "Be Your Best Self"
Ask your student about the "3Bs" and how they can apply them at home
IEP vs. 504 Plans
Click here to learn more about these plans, how they are similar, and how they are different.
The following types of School Choice applications for the 2022-2023 School Year, must be submitted via the Parent Portal. Applications are NOT open at this time, but but dates will be posted on this website: https://www.ccsoh.us/Page/8047
School Choice Lottery: For students wishing to apply to attend a school other than the school assigned.
Reservation Admissions: For students who currently attend a school that is eligible to reserve a seat in the next school with the same programming (eg. students served by the Orthopedically Impaired Program going from Colerain to AIMs).
Request to Return to Home School: For students attending a school in Columbus City Schools that is not their school of address (eg. going from lottery school back to home school).
Selective Admissions: For students who meet specific criteria (eg Columbus Gifted Academy, AIMs Middle School, Columbus Alternative High School, etc.).
CCS Facilities Master Plan Details
Phase 6 (Transform) - Wednesday, December 1st @ 6p at Whetstone High School
We will evaluate the options created in the Phase 5 - Consider workshop. What are the pros and cons of each option? We will break into small groups and evaluate what option makes the most sense for your region. Come be a part of live decision making and consensus building. Please request translation services when registering.
- Register here: https://www.ccsoh.us/site/default.aspx?PageID=9061
Autism Society - "Introduction to Self Regulation Through Movement" - Sunday, December 5, 2021 from 11:00 AM to 11:30 AM - register here for this $5 session.
Autism Society - "Together in Motion Pop Up Yoga Class" - Sunday, December 5, 2021 from 10:00 AM to 10:45 AM - register here for this $5 class
Clintonville Tree Lighting - Sunday, December 12, 2021 from 6:00p to 7:30p inside the Whetstone Community Center - this FREE event will feature music by the Whetstone High School choristers, children's crafts, hot chocolate, and cookies donated by Weiland's Market. Santa will visit to have his photo taken and hear wish lists with kids who attend. About 7:00 p.m., festivities will move outside to the evergreen tree in front of the Whetstone Library, where the lights will be turned on by a special guest and everyone can join in singing "Let There Be Peace on Earth."
- Ohio Department of Health: https://gettheshot.coronavirus.ohio.gov/
- Columbus Public Health: https://www.columbus.gov/c19vax/
- Children's Hospital: https://www.nationwidechildrens.org/family-resources-education/health-wellness-and-safety-resources/covid-19/vaccine
- Your Pediatrician: call them to see if they are providing vaccines yet
- Ohio Hispanic Coalition - After School Program - see flyer below
- Action for Children - is the local child care resource and referral agency for Central Ohio; serving Columbus and Franklin County.
FREE Legal Help - https://cair-ohio.com/request-legal-help
LSS 211- CONNECTING NEIGHBORS TO RESOURCES
- Charity Newsies Clothing Program - applications are open!
- CCS Website
- CCS Parent Portal
- CCS Peach Jar Flyers (community resources)
- CCS School Year Calendar
- CCS Virtual Family Engagement Sessions (current and archived sessions)
- CCS Translated Documents
- CCS Health Hub
- CCS Quarantine Guidelines (and Flow Chart)
- Special Ed Parent Mentor Program
Colerain Family Ambassador - Matt Dixon
The Family Ambassador is a liaison that facilitates partnerships, between families and the school, that support student academic success and well being.
If you have any questions, ideas, or feedback, please reach out to me either phone or email.