We Are Together Tamanend!
September 7, 2018
Thank Your for Reading Our Newsletter!
First Day Of School
What is Art?
Show Your Spirit, Tamanend!
UPCOMING SPIRIT DAYS
Attention all students: Mark your calendars! Next week, we will be celebrating our first two spirit days of the school year! On Tuesday, September 11 we will have our annual Red, White and Blue Spirit Day to show our patriotism as America remembers 9/11. On Friday, September 14, we will have our first Tamanend Blue and Gold Spirit Day. Wear your best Tamanend spirit gear and/or your best blue and gold! Spread the word…we can’t wait to show our school unity on these first two spirit days! Check out the photos below from last year.
Reminder--Tamanend's Visitor Management System
All Central Bucks schools use a buzzer and computerized visitor management system for school safety. When you visit Tamanend, you must bring photo ID. If your visit includes entry to our instructional areas beyond the Main Office, our Receptionist will assist you in accessing our computerized visitor management system. As this process will take a few minutes, please plan to arrive early for appointments and meetings. Thank you for cooperation.
September 13 is Laptop Distribution Day for 7th & 8th Graders at Tamanend
Central Bucks is implementing a 1 to 1 technology initiative for all 7th and 8th graders. Every Tamanend 7th and 8th grader will receive a laptop on Thursday, September 13. Students and parents/guardians must read the technology agreement, pay the technology fee* using My Payments Plus, and take a brief online quiz. Click HERE to learn more about this initiative and to complete the items mentioned above.
*If your family is dealing with a financial hardship at this time, please contact Dr. Brian Caughie firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss payment options.
News from the Tamanend Athletic Office
REMINDER FOR STUDENTS INTERESTED IN PLAYING A FALL SPORT:
If your child is interested in participating in a Tamanend Fall sport, there are several specific items (PIAA physical, Family ID, and concussion testing) that need to be completed prior to the start of the Fall sports season. Those items are outlined and explained on the Tamanend Athletics web page which can be found HERE.
CONCUSSION SEMINAR FOR ALL 7TH AND 8TH GRADE FALL ATHLETES:
Please note that all 7th and 8th grade Fall athletes must attend an after-school concussion seminar on Tuesday, September 11th in our Auditorium from 2:45-3:30. All 7th and 8th grade Fall athletes who have not yet taken the ImPact concussion test during their time at Tamanend, must remain after the seminar to complete the ImPact test. Student athletes will be finished by 4:30.
Reminder--Student Emergency Contacts & Information
Each year, the Central Bucks School District asks our families to fill out a Student Emergency & Information Form. Parents/Guardians can take care of this now and we ask that you complete your family’s Student Emergency & Information Form online by September 14, 2018.
The online form will ask you to confirm and/or update the following:
- Demographic Information
- Emergency Contacts
- Health Information, including permission for emergency care and analgesic administration
- Media Release Preferences (Please note that if you click on "no" for media release, your student will not be featured in our Tamanend Connections newsletter.)
Click here to be directed to your Parent Portal account to complete the Census Verification form.
If you need assistance with this process:
- For detailed information about this process, including a User Guide, please click here.
- If you do not have a Parent Portal account, please follow this link to request one.
- If you need help filling out the online form, email or call Lori Rebstock.
- If you need technical support, please email email@example.com
CB Cares Looking for Teen Volunteers
CB Cares Volunteer Teens is looking for students to help out at the 27th Annual Doylestown Arts Festival on Saturday, September 8 and Sunday, September 9. Students can signup to volunteer at the Kids Zone or to help set up the CB Cares Booth! We will need volunteers from 10am to 5pm at various time slots. Signup link for this event: http://bit.ly/2C5Z9dB
Signup link for CB Cares Volunteer Teens: http://bit.ly/volunteerteens
Parent Positive--Raise Them Strong
Our first Parent Positive event will be held on Thursday, September 27 at 7PM at Lenape Middle School. Brooks Gibbs is an award winning social skills educator who teaches students, parents, and teachers how to build emotional resilience and live by the Golden Rule. His program Raise Them Strong empowers students to make friends and manage emotions. He has spoken to over 2,500 schools and shared his message with over 2 million students. Parents can register here.
Tuesday, Sep. 18th, 9am
1492 Stuckert Road
Parent Council is an open meeting where all parents are welcome to attend to learn more about Tamanend Middle School. Parent Council typically meets on the third Thursday of each month at 9 a.m. Please note that this first meeting will take place on a Tuesday. There is no obligation to attend all Parent Councils and there are no elected positions. Parent Council is a forum for parents and school leaders to learn from and with each other, together.
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Reminder--Volunteer Required Paperwork
Pennsylvania law requires all persons having direct contact with school children to obtain background checks and clearances. If you are planning on being in a Central Bucks school during the 2018-2019 school year for any reason, you will need to go to Volunteer Required Paperwork, and complete what is needed to obtain your Photo Volunteer ID Card. You will need that ID Card and a photo ID to enter a CB school.
Reminder--Support Tamanend While You Shop
If you use the following vendors, please think about supporting TMS while you shop:
- Giant Food Store has an A+ School Rewards program through their clip-less coupon card that gives money to the school you designate every time you shop. Use this link to select Tamanend as your A+ school after August 15th of the new school year.
- Clip and send in Box Tops to the attention of NJHS.
Share Good News About Tamanend Students
Ways to Stay Connected with Tamanend
Here is a list of ways Tamanend communicates with students, families, and the community:
- Tamanend website: includes important information, resources, calendar of school events, and daily announcements
- Calendar of school events (posted on our website)
- Daily announcements (scrolling on TV screens during school day and posted on our website)
- TV show (weekly, during Advisory period)
- Email blasts from Tamanend administration regarding important news, new procedures, and reminders
- Parent Portal: student information, grades, and attendance
- Tamanend Connections newsletter: useful information, important reminders, and school highlights emailed weekly during school year and posted on Tamanend website
- Twitter: @CBTamanendMS highlights of activities, events, and daily life at Tamanend
- CBSD app: highlights of activities, events, and daily life in Central Bucks
Para nuestras familias hispanohablantes...
¡Bienvenidos a Tamanend! Yo soy Brian Caughie, Director de Tamanend Middle School. Soy hispanohablante. Pasé mucho de mi vida en España. Estoy aquí para apoyarles a todos los estudiantes y familias en Tamanend. Favor de llamarme or escribirme (en inglés o en español) si Ud. tiene cualquier duda o pregunta.
Correo electrónico: firstname.lastname@example.org
Oficina: (267) 893-2900