Mrs. Sacket-Mowers, 6th Grade
Bye, Hunter--We'll Miss You!
* Walking the Knollcrest Loop on Tuesday, 2/16 at PE (must have written field trip form).
* Office hours for Wednesday, 2/17 canceled.
* Science on the Go Assembly Friday, 2/19
*Hand and Foot Warmers for sale! ($3 for a set of hand and foot warmers-see flyer in Boomerang)
* Outdoor Ed payment due Feb 26 (or make arrangements with Mrs. Rydman for payment schedule)
* Medication Form (only if needed) due Feb 26
Questions to ask:
* Who are you writing your optional friendly letter to? How does the audience change how something is written?
* Tell me about the "3 Philosophies" class activity in History.
* What were the BIG IDEAS you took away about Legalism, Confucianism, and Daoism?
* How do you feel about your Cornell Notes from Lesson 2 in Science? Did you complete the assignment in 1 or 2 days? (It was a big section that covered a great deal of information about volcanoes.)
*Tell me about the Mt. St. Helen's note taking. (Students took notes on volcanic hazards including lahars, pyroclastic flows, ash and gases while watching a Mt. St. Helens documentary.)
*Have you decided on a study plan/schedule for your test next Thursday, 2/18?
* What is an area model? (can ask to see paper)
* Tell me about expressions and evaluating an expression.
* If you were sponsored at the Jogathon for $2 per lap and a $5 flat donation, what would that look like as an expression? (2x + 5, if x = number of laps run).
* In that expression, which part is the "coefficient" and which is the "constant" (2 is the coefficient, and the 5 is the constant). You could ask how much your child would raise if he/she runs 5 laps, or 10, or 20 laps and have him/her evaluate the expression.