March 24, 2023
LAST CHANCE TO PURCHASE PROM TICKETS!!!
General SHS Student: https://public.eventlink.com/tickets?t=30572&p=45056
General Non-SHS Student: https://public.eventlink.com/tickets?t=30572&p=45055
SHS Senior Ticket: https://public.eventlink.com/tickets?t=30572&p=44076
BONUS WEEK! SALES WILL BE LEFT OPEN UNTIL THE END OF SPRING BREAK!
Congratulations to the SHS JAG Students!
Also, a huge congratulations to Kristina Owens. Kristina placed first runner up at the State JAG Competition and will be advancing to compete in Orlando, Florida in April!
The Future of Teaching is Bright!
Project Substance Free Winners
During our Impact time over the school year, we provided a prevention program to the sophomore class. The students participated in the Project Substance Free (PSF) program. Subjects included were: Active Listening, Stereotyping, Drug Myths and Denials, Chemical Dependency, Life Consequences of Substance Use, Stress, Health, Goals, Tobacco Education, Self-Control, Marijuana Education, Thought/Behavior Loops, Decision-Making, and Commitment.
After each subject was presented, the students completed an exit ticket to show their understanding of the related topic. From all of the names who participated in the feedback, we drew for 3 gift cards provided by the Scott County Partnership.
In the photo we have Michelle Cope (our first place winner receiving a $50 gift card), Myca Buckel (our second place winner receiving a $30 gift card), and Brandt Kendall (our third place winner receiving a $20 gift card).
Thank you to Mr. Snowden for working with Kimberly Williams from the Scott County Partnership to facilitate this in our building.
Attention Junior Parents!
Driver's Education Classes - CLASSES FILL UP QUICKLY, REGISTER EARLY!
Classes fill up quickly, don't wait to reserve your spot!
May 22nd - June 4th (full)
June 26th - July 7th (filling up quickly)
Oct 9th - 20th
March 4th - 15th, 2024
Classes are $400 and include 2 weeks of classroom instruction followed be scheduled drive time. Classes will be after school hours while drive time will be after school and some Saturday mornings.
To reserve a spot a $200 deposit is required. The balance is due at the beginning of class. Classes will fill up quickly. Contact Angie Richey at 812-752-8927 to reserve your spot!
1. You must be at least 15 years old to register for Driver's Ed.
2. As an additional option, you can enroll in an online Driver Education course for the instructional portion of the class if we do not have an opening during the session you would like to register for. You will still need to sign up to complete the driving portion through the High School. We recommend driversed.com. Though you can use any class approved by the BMV, that list is available by searching "Licensed Driver Training Schools-In.gov".
3. Bring the payment receipt for the on-line class to Mrs. Angie Richey at the SHS Main Office. At that time you can register for the driving portion which is $350. Mrs. Richey will issue you a CDE form stating your student is enrolled in Drivers Ed at SHS.
4. In order to obtain your Learner's Permit, take the CDE form along with a certified birth certificate, social security card and 2 documents with the student's name and address to the BMV. The SHS office can print a Harmony page that can be used as one of the address documents needed. Students will be given a test over the Indiana Drivers Manual and a vision test before obtaining their Learner's Permit.
5. Once you have completed the on-line course and obtained your Learner's Permit bring your certificate to Mrs. Richey. She will contact the driving instructor to schedule your drive times.
6. In order to take the test for your Operator License you will need to be age 16 & 90 days, have held your Learner's Permit for 180 days, completed 6 hours with a driving instructor and completed a total of 50 hours of practice with an instructor or blood relative over age 25 that has a valid drivers license.
5:30pm Baseball vs Lanesville HS
5:30pm Softball vs Brown Co HS
5:00pm Baseball @ West Washington HS
5:30pm Softball vs Seymour HS
6:00pm Track & Field @ Corydon HS
4:00pm Baseball vs Whiteland HS
5:00pm Boys Golf @ Eld Run Golf Club
7:00pm Winter Ensemble Community Performance in McClain Hall
Boys Golf @ Covered Bridge Golf Course
11:00am Baseball vs Beech Grove HS