Shamrock Gardens Dragon Direct
Think Different. Do Different. Be Different.
Week of February 15th-February 19th
As we celebrate Digital Learning Day this week, it's a great time to reflect on the amazing job each of you is doing in developing our scholars as modern learners. Guiding students to use technology in a responsible manner to create models of their learning not only develops our scholars for their world today, but also for the world they will one day lead.
More importantly, however, is that we remember that we could spend millions of dollars on all of the latest technology and it would mean nothing without the work each of you do every day to educate our scholars!
SR & RM
The Week at a Glance
- Intervention/MTSS PLC
Tuesday February 16,2016
Kindergarten and 1st Grade make invitations to go home for Game Night
Wednesday February 17, 2016:
- Digital Learning Day! (Please see here for resources)
- Staff Meeting@ 3:35 in Media Center
Thursday February 18, 2016:
- 1/2 Day Planning 2nd Grade (AM)
Voorhees-Mace & Tate (Dispersal Plan)
- 1/2 Day Planning 4th Grade (PM)-Cherry on Playground to Support with Recess
McLeod-Mace & Tate
- Send Home Thursday Folders-2 Work Samples in Math/Literacy Content Areas & Read Across America Flyers
- PTA Board Meeting@ 6pm
Friday February 19, 2016:
- Clubs 1-2@8:30am & 3-5@9:30am
- 1st Grade Field Trip to Discovery Place
- Kindergarten and 1st Grade Community Event@ 5:30pm-7:30pm
Saturday February 20, 2016:
- Math-a-Palooza @ 10am
From the Halls of the SGES--Awesome Things Happening in YOUR Classrooms!
--Shout out to Ms. Smith for investing her scholars in the big goal of reading at a level D by the end of the year!
"The reason why we are in a group is so that by the end of the year we can read even better. By the end of the year this is where we want to be. This is where you are right now." said Ms. Smith.
"Let's think about some things we can do to make our reading even better! What can Ms. Smith help you with?"
"It's hard when the words are all together."--Davin
"That is one of the things I already put down! To stretch out the words. Very Good."
--Shout out to 3rd Grade PLC planning for taking the time to collaborate and document question stems from the released EOG, Mastery Connect, and Common Core Book Marks to help guide their instruction on teaching the power standards! Keep up the great work and kudos to Ms. Allen for facilitating a productive and urgent planning :)
--Shout out to Ms. Banks for the amazing work supporting the 2nd grade team and being so willing to support Ms. Luper during her absence! Thank you for your overwhelming and inspiring commitment to SGE and our scholars!
--Shout out to Mr. Fohner and Ms. Turner for their willingness to jump in and cover Play Spanish while Ms. Pamela was out sick this week!
--Keep it up Shamrockers! We want to share your awesome teaching with your colleagues--pay attention to this space for more excellent teaching from our amazing Gardeners!
What Would You Do WIth $5000?
- Come check out the new Sprout computer in the Wonder Lab! Feel free to sign up for a time to experiment with this great tool!
Future Dates to Keep in Mind...
- Friday, February 26th-Class Dojo Celebration-Bring Your Own Game Day@2:15pm
- Monday, February 29th-March 4th-Read Across America Week (Focus on Nonfiction)
Monday-Guest Reader Day (See Outlook Invite)
Tuesday-Early Release/Reading Marathon
Wednesday-Buddy Reading Day
Thursday-Biography Wax Museum
Friday-Vocabulary Bee K-2 in Cafe@9am 3-5 in Cafe@10am
- Saturday, March 12th-Shamrock Shuffle
- Tuesday, March 15th-Curriculum Showcase @5-7pm
- Thursday, March 17th-MAP Testing Begins