January 17, 2014
Mrs. Lamparter's Class
CONGRATULATIONS to our Star of the Week, Andrew Danila and a Happy 6th Birthday to Hannah Walton!!
We are so excited to welcome a new student- Kourtney Wallace to our classroom!! She comes to us from Norton Elementary.
We have a student teacher, Mrs. Crystal Cooper, who will be with us every Tuesday and Thursday until April 21st. We are so excited to welcome her to our classroom!
We have been working so hard this week! The 100th day of Kindergarten will be on Tuesday, January 21st. Please bring in your 100's day collections. Remember no school on Monday, January 20th in honor of the MLK holiday.
Please make sure your child completes their homework and returns it to school on Friday. This is a great way to reinforce and practice important skills that will help us build a strong foundation!
- * Building sight word vocabulary- W.O.W. Study- our new words this week are: so,here, girl, boy, as
- * Knowing letter sounds and blending sounds together to make words
- * Focusing on reading words with a short vowel in the middle
- * Working on producing rhyming words
- * Counting, blending, and segmenting syllables
- * Features of Non-fiction text
- * Learning to write a "How To" story and phonetically spelling words to write a story
- * Doing a class shared research project on Martin Luther King Jr.
- * Working independently in Daily Five centers to become better readers, writers, and spellers
- * Counting by fives, tens and ones to 100!!
- * Composing and decomposing numbers 11-19
- * Recognizing and knowing the value of coins; penny, nickel, dime, quarter, and the dollar bill
- * Counting forward beginning from a given number in sequence
- * Writing numbers and counting sets to 20
- * 1-1 correspondence
- * Comparing sets- more, less, same
- * Using our Math tools- the rekenrek and number line
- * Working on problem solving skills
- * Using "number talks" to explain our math thinking
GREAT JOB Science Fair Participants
CONGRATULATIONS TO MRS. LAMPARTER"S CLASS FOR READING THE MOST MINUTES IN KINDERGARTEN FOR THE MEGA MINUTE CHALLENGE!!
- * M.L.K. Jr. Holiday is Monday, January 20th .
- * 100th Day of school is Tuesday, January 21st.
- * Personal safety lessons are being taught through the use of the "Think First & Stay Safe" program beginning at the end of January and will be completed by the end of February. This program enables students to take an active and necessary role in protecting themselves from abuse and exploitation. If you have any questions, please direct them to our counselor, Katie Fields.
- * Is there a sense of pride at Craig? Do staff and stakeholdes work together as a professional learning community? Craig is a wonderful place for our staff and students to teach and learn. Please go to the Craig homepage to complete the Georgia Parent Survey to inform the Georgia Department of Accountability about the positive school climate at Craig.
- * Scholastic Book orders are due January 28th. You can order online or send in order form and payment.