Clarks Creek Staff News
March 21 - April 8, 2016
Please Note - This is for this week and the week after break!
The long stretch of winter is over!! Tomorrow it is officially SPRING! As we look forward to a nice week off to rest and recoup a bit, we still have a lot to accomplish this week! In between, we'll have a little fun, too! Hopefully you saw the email that Colleen sent out with some fun staff dress-up days this week.
When we return from break, I think we all know what a whirlwind it will be! We have many special activities coming up and still much more for students to learn. We'll get it all done if we maintain our focus! Get ready for one of the best parts of the year! As you have special activities happening, please let Colleen and me know when those are happening so we can try to attend. I hope you can attend the Talent Showcase this Wednesday, too. It's an amazing chance to see our kids show off their abilities that we may not see every day!
We'd like to invite all staff and students to participate in "Beach Day" on Thursday. While many of our kids are looking forward to exotic vacations over break, we have many who will not be hitting the beach or anywhere else, for that matter. We can bring a little bit of "the beach" to everyone! Please "advertise" the day to your families, with suggestions of Hawaiian or brightly colored shirts, anything with flowers, beach hats, shorts (if warm enough), etc.
it's going to be a great few weeks!
Don't Forget - STAFF BREAKFAST Monday morning! 7:45!
- Please turn in your April value nominee forms to me before you leave on Thursday. With the due date of April 1, I don't mind if it's not until April 4th when we return, but you might as well knock it off the list!
- Please send me your revised placement card for your grade level, as we discussed at our staff meeting.
- Please review severe weather procedures with students on Monday or early Tuesday morning. The statewide tornado drill will take place on Tuesday at 10:15 am. I will announce it over the intercom when we're ready to begin.
- If you are interested in applying for the next round of Legacy grants, they are due April 1st! Please have those to me before you leave on Thursday!
ANNOUNCEMENTS AND REMINDERS
- Thanks to all who had students make cards for the fire and police crews. They turned out GREAT, and I know they will make the day of the man or woman who receives them! They will be picked up this week on Tuesday if you still have some to turn in.
- Don't forget that Vicki will be out beginning this week for surgery. In her absence, Kristy Donovan, treasurer at Brentwood, will come over to assist with any money matters. Randa and Debbie Dick will be assisting with some of the other activities. Thanks to everyone for pitching in to help!
- Just a reminder of the special days for our "Spring Break Countdown" for staff this week: Monday - bright colors and tennis shoes, Tuesday - spring break shirts (or favorite vacation shirt) and flip-flops, Wednesday - NCAA team gear with jeans, Thursday - Hawaiian shirts and jeans or nice shorts (or grass skirts!)
Forecast of Upcoming Events
3/21 Summer Camp Forms due to MD
3/21 Staff Appreciation Luncheon from Central Office - all lunches
3/21 Staff Breakfast - Feb/March (Gr 2 and PK provide) Staff Lounge, 7:45 - 8:15
3/21 Staff Appreciation Lunch - all lunch shifts in the lounge
3/21 Summer Camp Forms Due to MD
3/22 Statewide Tornado Drill 10:15 am
3/22 4th Grade Girls' Growth & Development Program - 2:30
3/22 Cards, Pictures, Letters to Plainfield Police and Firefighters will be picked up
3/23 Talent Showcase 6:00 - 9:00 pm Gym
3/24 Turn in Legacy Grants to MD if applying
3/25 - 4/1 Spring Break
4/1 April Value Nominee Due - Respect for Environment
4/4 Lifeskills FT to Hoosier Gymnastics & Culver's
4/5 Building Discussion Mtg 4:00pm Conference Rm
4/6 Kindergarten Round-Up 9:00am - 2:00 pm and 5:00 - 8:00 pm
4/7 Kindergarten Round-Up 5:00 - 8:00 pm
- March 1 - Michele Broman
- March 6 - Julie Pitcock -
March 12 - Brian Nelson
March 20 - Erica Thornhill
March 25 - Glenda Coffelt
- April 11 - Debbie Dick
- April 12 - Lisa Gootee
- April 21 - Chandis Kottkamp
- April 23 - Karen Cockrum
- April 23 - Kara Silver
- April 26 - Shelby Metz
- April 26 - Jeff Van Paris
- April 27 - Lynn Hamilton
Honor a Colleague!
Also, you can honor ANY member of our school staff by submitting a R.O.S.E (Recognize an Outstanding School Employee) Award for him or her. Anyone who receives this special recognition is presented with a certificate of the nice things that are said about him/her. See the link for the R.O.S.E. Awards below, as well.