May 2, 2023
Celebrate Asian American, Native Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander Heritage Month
Supporting Students 24/7: Paper helps PUSD pupils reach new academic heights
From Pasadena Weekly
With the advent of Paper, an online educational support platform designed to give students 24/7 tutoring and support, Pasadena Unified School District students are achieving marked academic growth.
A recent study measuring the academic growth of PUSD students found that those who utilized Paper experienced significant academic progress compared to those who did not. The study compared Paper usage data to i-Ready assessments, administered three times a year, measuring progress in reading and math.
How can Paper help you?
Paper’s tutors are available anytime and anywhere, helping you optimize your instructional time. In the classroom or after hours, tutors help students solve problems as they arise and turn in their best work. That means fewer hours grading for you and fewer questions to field after the school bell rings.
Since Paper’s tutors add an extra layer of assistance for your students, you can further personalize homework and assignments, confident that everybody in your classroom can seek help at their own pace. Tutors support students based on their individual needs and your guidelines—all without giving away answers.
Secondary Grading Window
- The window for secondary teachers to enter grades through the Aeries Teacher Portal for the most recent instructional period (M7: 3/20 - 4/28) is now open and closes this week.
- THU, 5/4: Last day expected for teachers to enter grades through Teacher Portal
- FRI, 5/5: Grade Corrections/Adjustments (Teacher Portal Entry Disabled at midnight)
Elementary Grading Window
- The window for elementary teachers to enter grades through the Aeries Teacher Portal for the last instructional period (TRIMESTER 3: 2/13-6/1) OPENS 5/8.
- FRI, 5/26: Last day expected for teachers to enter grades through Teacher Portal
- WEDS, 5/31: Grade Corrections/Adjustments (Teacher Portal Entry Disabled at midnight)
Deadline to use Google Takeout
- If you are leaving the District at the end of the school year, you will need to back up your data by June 30, 2023. Please check out THIS NEWSLETTER for steps on how to complete this process.
New Devices: What to Expect
- After you receive your device and have signed in to it, applications will download to the device over a few hours. If it's been a while and you still don't have important applications (such as Chrome), please restart your device while connected to your docking station.
- If you have specific applications that you use and need to download, you will have to put in a Help Desk ticket so we can push the application out to you. In the ticket system, please select Staff > Account/Application > Intune Requests > Application Request.
- The new set up is designed for flexibility. You can remove your laptop from the docking station to work in a different location or connect to your projector.
- If you are having issues with your monitor not recognizing your device, please check your connections to be sure the monitor is connected to the correct input. (see image)
- Please reboot your device daily for the first week. Doing so will help with updates and ensuring your device works optimally.