The Weekly Update #1
July 21st, 2023
Weekly News First Edition (Week of July 31st)
Principal Nelson's Thoughts
Greetings Sharon Families. Thank you for the way you have welcomed and embraced me. I am thrilled to start our partnership together just like the Knights of the Round Table, as we embark on the journey of helping our students reach their dreams. I am filled with anticipation as we approach the first day of school. We are delighted to have students breathe life back into the building and are looking forward to having an amazing year!
Need to Know
- 2023-2024 Daily Transportation Change Form if your child needs a different mode of transportation for the day (scroll or click the table of contents if you would like more details.)
- SES Attendance Policies
- We know how exciting the first day of school is, but for safety and security, all car riders should be dropped off through the car line. Students may not be walked to class.
Need to do
- Take our communication survey to let us know when and how you prefer messages delivered.
- Complete the 2023-2024 Verification for Bus Transportation form if you have not done so.
- Access the Bus Release Pass in the parent portal for Red and Yellow bus tag students. (Scroll or click the table of contents if you would like more details.)
- Sign-up for SchoolPay as Mypayments plus will only be used for lunch this school year.
- Become a Parent Observer in your child's course on Canvas
- Buy your child an agenda.
Counseling and Castle Updates
- We are looking forward to welcoming all of our Sharon Elementary readers into the CASTLE Library! (Scroll or click the table of contents if you would like more details)
- 8/1 - Open House
- 8/3 - First Day of School
⭐ Shining Knights ⭐
Congratulations Vibhu on your 8th place finish in Grade 5 at the MathLeague National Championship! We are so proud of you!
Thank you to Mrs. Magee, our 2nd Grade teacher, for representing Sharon and helping the school receive the Fidelity Award at the 2023 7-Mindsets University!
Daily Transportation Change Form
If your child’s transportation changes, we MUST have the change in writing. You may either provide a written note OR submit the Daily Transportation Change Form on our school website by 12:30 PM. If we do not receive one of the two, we will send your child home in the usual manner. This is for the safety of your student. We will not accept transportation changes by phone.
If your child is going home with another student via car, you must complete the Transportation Change form. Please know that children are not allowed to ride home on a different bus. You will have to pick up your child & his/her playmate in the car rider line with each child’s assigned car rider # hanging in the window of your car.
Bus Release Pass
You may access your child's SRP (Student Release Pass) in Parent Portal. SIS has worked to include the pass for Yellow and Red Tagged students for next school year. It is located under “Documents” in the parent portal. This pass is necessary to show the bus driver at the bus stop and you may share it with anyone you wish to receive your student if you can’t be at the bus stop.