- Friday, April 15 - Star Card Hat Day
- Friday, April 22 - College Day
- Friday, April 22 - Star Card Recess/Gym Time
- Wednesday, May 11 - SCIENCE STAAR TEST
- Thursday, May 12 - HISTORY STAAR TEST
- Friday, May 20 - Frontier Village Field Trip
- Thursday, May 26 - Perot Museum Field Trip
- Positive Action Drug Prevention Program will be taught in the US History Classroom on the following dates...4/27, 5/4, 5/17, 5/18, 5/25
*NO School May 16, 23, or 30
Holocaust Museum Night
I have also broken down the data from our benchmark test and identified areas of weakness for each student. Using this data, I have handed out invitations to students for after school STAAR Reviews from 3:30 - 4:00 specifically targeting these weaknesses. I handed out this week's invitations last Friday and will continue to hand these out on Friday for the upcoming week. Please ask your child if they have an invitation and encourage them to attend if possible. Today was our review of Atomic Structure and I had 15 kids in attendance!
In math class, we are preparing for next year with a preview of various Algebra I topics. Students have been solving multi-step equations, and we will wrap up this unit with a test on Thursday, April 21st. Next, we will explore domain and range of linear and quadratic functions from graphs.
We should be done with Unit #9 - The Industrial Revolution this week and then we will begin Sectionalism which leads to the Civil War. So far this year, they have learned about how we earned and put our country together only to tear it apart again in the 1860s.
Tutoring is available Tuesday-Thursday mornings.
We have launched out Poetry PBL. We are partnering with Kyrie's Coffee Shop to put on a Poetry Night there. We're looking at the 3rd week in May. See the form below to let us know which dates/times work best for your family.