Coaching 4 Ps
Review, Preview, Praise and Problems: February 15-19
- Attended grade level meetings.
- Met with third and fifth grade teachers to discuss inquiry lessons.
- Lead PLC on Wednesday. We are studying Fountas & Pinnell's Continuum of Literacy Learning.
- Observed first grade guided reading group to meet with teacher to discuss ways to help the students more.
- Attended Coaches' Cohort on Thursday.
- Prepared for Friday's Love for Literacy Day.
- Gathered and sent second & third grade Fountas & Pinnell results (fall & winter) to Michelle Grant.
- Met with fifth grade teacher on two different afternoons to try and revamp her ELA block.
- Modeled "Bold Beginnings" lessons for three days in a third third grade classroom.
- Gathered recertification materials and sent to district office. I am officially recertified!
- Met with second grade to restructure RIT band groups.
- Set up meeting to debrief with first grade teacher about guided reading group (level J).
- Work with fifth grade classroom on an inquiry project (Becoming a World Power).
- Check-in with third grade classes and their writings.
- Early Release on Thursday-Go to WOHS for lunch and cohort initiative.
- NWEA MAP training all day Friday.
- Work on Revolutionary War inquiry unit for third grade co-teaching plan.
- Set up time to observe kindergarten guided groups.
- Continue on February literacy newsletter. At this point, I may create a February-March newsletter.
Potential Speed Bumps (not really problems)
I don't foresee any real problems this week.