A Message from our Principal:
I'm back from maternity leave! I look forward to the remainder of the school year!
Just a few reminders:
- Our choir is performing tomorrow, 3/3/2023, at our District's Annual Pierogi Dinner!
- Please be sure to follow our front door procedures. They are outlined in this newsletter below.
- Our very own kindergarten teacher, Kelly Hovan, was nominated for Educator of the Year. Congratulations, Mrs. Hovan! An award that is so deserved.
- Please see the following PBIS Shopping dates:
- - Snack Cart: March 9th and 10th
- - Dolphin Cove: March 22nd and 23rd
- If a parent is volunteering at the school (i.e. PTA event) and a child is with them, the child must remain with them at all times.
A Message from our Dean of Students:
For many of us, March is the month that signifies that spring is just around the corner. It also means that many of us are experiencing cabin fever. We have thoughts of sun, warmth, and fun. It's easy for students to lose focus during these times. So here is a gentle reminder that being "ready" is more than just having your supplies and showing up for school. Our students at Ridge-Brook Elementary need to remain focused and goal driven as we approach the 4th quarter of school. We have many important tests in the coming weeks and our students have worked hard all school year to prepare. So, parents please remind your child that summer break will be here before they know it, but for now we remain focused on our goals.
Dean of Students
A Message from Title I:
March is Read Across America month!
We kicked off Read Across America at the end of February with our Rock n Roll Read-a-thon. Thank you to all our students and families who read together, as well as donated to Ridge-Brook. We are excited to continue reading together in March with our All School Book Club!
Our Book Club will begin on March 20th and continue through March 31st. Very soon, every child will be receiving their own Magic Tree House book. This book will be brought home and one chapter will read each night together along with at home activities that can be completed! Keep an eye out for these materials to come home March 20th.
We are looking forward to reading more together!
Your Title I Teachers
A Message from our Home Liaison:
My personal favorite day is March 20th, International Day of Happiness. What does your family do that makes you happy? What traditions or special activities does your family engage in that brings joy? Many studies have shown that children who regularly spend time with their families, whether sharing a meal or playing a game, are much more likely to become healthy, successful adults. Family relationships are so important! Whether it is a two parent or a single parent home, grandmothers and grandfathers, aunts and uncles- families that are together and happy are winning!
Of course, celebrating Pi Day is a sure-fire way to be happy!
Ridge-Brook Home Liaison
2023 Spring Programming at the Parma-Powers Branch Location
- Ready Set Create! Building Challenges for Kids- Grades 2-5- Hands-on building and technology challenges give you the chance to solve problems, be creative and work with real engineers from the American Society of Engineers.
- Girls Engineering-- Water- Grades 2-5- Design and build a creative solution for a water system problem and test it with a real hydro engineer. All kids grades 2-5 are welcome.
- WeDo Robotix- Soccer- Construct LEGO WeDo robotics and program them to kick a ball, defend a goal or cheer for the team.
- Protect Your Peep! Boat Building Challenge- Grades K-3- Can you keep your boat afloat? Join us for a fun boat-building activity with peeps.
- Give a Pig a Pancake Breakfast- Families with children Grades K-3: Make pancakes with delicious, healthy topping and do activities celebrating the book, If You Give a Pig a Pancake by Laura Numeroff.
- Student Success Centers- Grades K-8: Help with reading, math, science, and other schoolwork and learning. Work with tutors in small groups.
- Artful Impact- Grades K-8: Art isn't just about making something beautiful, but can be used for self-expression, communication, confidence, and feeling good. Space is limited and available on a first come, first serve basis.