By: Maya Maali
- The Louvre started out as a fortress for kings and queens to stay in.
- The louvre opened on August 10, 1939
- Napoleon temporarily named the pyramid after himself.
- The Mona Lisa was stolen from the museum and wasn't replaced until 2 years later.
- The Louvre's glass pyramid was built in 1989 and is 21m high.
- All the art in the Louvre would total to about 30 billion to 100 billion.
- The Louvre holds the Mona Lisa.
- The Louvre contains more than 380,000 and displays 35,000 works of art.
- Three smaller pyramids surround the Louvre.
- The Louvre is one of the world's largest Museums receiving more than 8.8 million visitors a year.
- It would take you 100 days to see every piece of art in the louvre, if you were to spend 30 seconds at each one without stopping.