April 7, 2016
Balboa Academy Accreditation
We are proud to announce that Balboa Academy has been awarded the designation of Accredited with AdvancEd. We have demonstrated that we are a school committed to high academic performance for our students and are committed to a continuous plan of improvement. Our school was commended for:
1. Our incredible learning environment. Children at our school told the visitors that they learn more at BA than they have in any other school
2. Our dedication and commitment to putting the learning needs of our students at the forefront of each and every decision.
3. Our culture of caring and inclusion.
4. Our high academic achievement.
We will be reviewing the recommendations of the team to draft our next Five Year Improvement Plan. Among the areas that we would like to continue to work towards improving:
1. Integration of technology in instruction and learning
2. Curricular review and alignment
3. Forming strong processes and policies that will ensure that Balboa Academy is as great a school in 50 years as we are today.
The accrediting team told us that they have never seen more empowered students; students who are involved in and dedicated to their learning process, their school, and their service to the community in their lives. We have much to be proud of as a school community, and we have all of our teachers, administrators, Board of Directors, students, and parents to thank for helping make Balboa Academy the wonderful school that we are. Go Dragons!