April 29 - May 3, 2013
News From the Nest
We are proud of Bryan O’Neill,Paige Gilbert and Owen Meo for their leadership during IRun4Life practices. These students consistently recognize their classmates for their efforts and encourage them to participate. They are known for rallying their classmates to cheer for all 4th grade IRun4Life participants.
Congratulations to Jaden Caparelli, sixth grader in Mrs. McPhee’s class, who has been chosen as one of two winners in the 3rd Annual Martin Luther King Day of Service Essay Contest. Jaden’s essay was chosen from 600 essays in the 6-8 middle school category. After reading his essay, you will see that Jaden identifies and understands the importance of volunteerism. Jaden will be recognized at a breakfast given by the United Way of Bucks County on Friday. We are so proud of you, Jaden! Click here to read Jaden’s essay.
Doyle's Reading Olympians won Blue Ribbons
Doyle's 4 Reading Olympian teams: the Flying Walrus Ninjas, Spanish Gummi Bears Ole, Grumpy Gnomes and Reading Rebels showed an outstanding performance at this year's Reading Olympics competition on April 23!
We are so proud of our outstanding readers:
Flying Walrus Ninjas: Grace Soler, Hali Shotz, Kylie Gallagher, Kelly Sanford, Jaden Caperelli, Colin Burn, Parker Nelson, Molly Clark, Brianna Bullock, Mattelynn Beahan, Ashley Mullen, George Vicente, Aiden Wi.
Spanish Gummi Bears Ole: Megan Browne, Maddie Lefevre, Sammy Perakslis, Luke Fehrman, Zachary Sultanik, Clare Gray, Fiona Clark, Annie Castor, Camryn Brauns, Alexa Vail, Max Dunar, Jim Darcy, David Ross.
Grumpy Gnomes: Katie Jenkinson, Will Deschaine, Payton Campbell, Gabby Pirmann, Harry Jones, Jake Newman, Brielle Worrall, Jaime Magura, Amber Johns, Ana Sophy, Jada Lopez, Joseph Baron, Tenali Leppanen.
Reading Rebels: Hina Rub, Carson Snyder, Vanessa MCole, Grace Kaminiski, Jack Galt, Joseph Hamrick, Ella Casale, Reilly Fehrman, Grace Cashman, Emma Myers, Angela Perez, Zackary Bass, Michael Biedermann.
- Dining for Doyle @ Swedes Frozen Yogurt: May 7 - 9, 2013
- DHSA Meeting: Elections and Fundraising: May 9, 2013
- Author Day - Gene Barretta: May 10, 2013
- Scholastic Book Fair (BOGO): May 14 & 15, 2013
- Dining for Doyle @ Go Bananas Frozen Yoghurt: May 16, 2013
- District Art Show Opening: May 17, 2013
- 6th grade Middle School Orientation: May 23, 2013
- No School - Memorial Day: May 27, 2013
- Field Day: May 30, 2013
- 6th Grade Social: May 31, 2013 (6:00 PM - 9:00 PM)
CB School Board Briefs
April 23, 2013
1. Heard the Tamanend Jazz Band performance before the school board meeting and via video, the Pledge of Allegiance was led by Mrs. Kovnot’s 1st grade Jamison class.
2. Heard the Academic Spotlight about “Training Peer Mentors”. This is a video created by Lindsay Smith and Renee McErlean, teachers at Bridge Valley Elementary School, along with their students demonstrates what they have learned about Autism and what they have learned about being a friend.
3. Heard the Superintendent’s Report, Curriculum, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, IU Board, and MBIT Committee Reports.
4. Approved the School Board Minutes.
5. Approved the Treasurer’s Report.
6. Approved the Resolution for the 2013-2014 Proposed Final Budget. The proposed final budget for 2013-2014 is $290,683,982. There will be a “zero” increase in Real Estate Taxes for the 2013-2014 school year. The school board will take action on the final budget adoption at the May 28 meeting.
7. Ratified the transfer of $23 million from the General Fund to the Debt Service Fund.
8. Approved Purchasing Items for the following subject areas: General Teaching, General Art, Secondary Art, Physical Education, Science, Tech Ed General Hardware, Team Sports Supplies.
9. Approved Construction Contracts as follows:
§ Emergency generator at the Ed Services Center to Pinnacle Electrical Construction - $262,400
§ Roofing replacement at the Ed Services Center to Laurant Construction Co. - $199,695
§ Roofing repairs and installation of a new single ply membrane at the Transportation Annex to Union Roofing Contractors - $98,000
10. Tabled School Board Policies Use of Medications and Electronic Signatures so that the proposed policies can be posted on the CBSD website for public review.
11. Approved School Board Policy 902-1 – Cable Television.
12. Approved various personnel items and student trips.
13. Received a Sabbatical Leave of Absence as an information item.