News from School to Home
Benchmark Testing is Here!!
The Benchmark Exam will be given April 7-10.
Dream it-Believe it- Achieve it!!!
Day one down---three more to go!!
How Parents Can Help Children Do Their Best on Tests
The best thing you as a parent can do to help your child do his/her best on standardized tests is to provide positive support by expressing confidence in your child’s ability to do their best. On test day, try to provide a calm, stress-free environment each morning as your child gets ready for school. Get up in plenty of time to avoid morning rush and anxiety. Curtail nighttime extra-curricular activities and outings that may interfere with their regular bedtime routine.
The 3rd and 4th grade students will attend a Benchmark carnival on Friday. They earn tickets throughout the week. One way to earn a ticket is to be in class on time!! This will be a fun stress relief for them after a long week of testing.
• Make sure your child gets a good night’s sleep and eats breakfast.
• If your child wears glasses, make sure he/she has them at school.
• Be at school on time each day.
• Encourage your child to relax and do their best.
• Remind your child to listen closely and not rush through the test.
• Have a positive attitude!
Second Grade's Annual READ TO FEED Bookstore
Donations will be accepted from now through April 21st.
The READ TO FEED Bookstore will be April 21-25.
All proceeds from this event will go to Heifer International.
Kindergarten Round Up
Enrollment for 2014-2015 kindergarten students will begin at the Central Administration Office
The district will offer extended hours from
8:30 a.m. until 6:00 p.m.
Monday, April 14
Tuesday, April 15
*Children who will turn five (5) years of age on or before August 1, 2014 should be enrolled.*
What do I bring?
1. A copy of child’s Social Security card or you may request that the school district assign a nine digit number designated by the Arkansas Department of Education.
2. One of the following to verify the child’s age:
A statement by the local registrar or a county recorder certifying the child’s date of birth
An attested baptismal certificate
An affidavit of the date and place of birth by the child’s parent or guardian
Previous school records
3. Immunization Record
Click HERE for the 2014-2015 required immunizations for Kindergarten students.
4. Proof of Residency (Ex. current utility bill, real estate contract or rental agreement, etc)
Cabot Health Unit is hosting immunization clinics on April 30 and June 20 from 8:00am-3:00pm.
The address of the health dept. is 118 South First Street.
Call 843-7561 for more information.