Tonasket School District
Weekly Update ~ 1/15/2021
"Focused on Learning and Linking Learning to Life"
Be Positive, Be Grateful, Be Involved, Be Flexible
SCHOOL DISTRICT GOALS:
Capital Project Update
Powerful Teaching and Learning
- As part of our efforts to support a learning culture throughout the school, the administration team is starting a video series next week on Leading PLCs based on the book, Learning by Doing.
- On Monday, the Rural Alliance sponsored a morning training session. Much of the time was spent with Jeff Utecht learning about teaching and learning in this digital age. The presentation, along with several others, can be found on the Rural Alliance web page:
College, Career, Life Readiness
The Fellowship is a program That combines study abroad and college readiness training to prepare students for leadership in their communities. Over this summer, if it is safe to do so, the fellows will study abroad for six weeks at the University of León in Spain, where they will earn college credit and live with local homestay families. Upon return, they will participate in two years of leadership programming, including SAT/ACT preparation, college application support, and opportunities to engage with the State Legislature.
Alex Eppel, Upward Bound Coordinator for the HS, nominated Miriam.
"I nominated her because she is a bright young woman who is motivated, introspective, willing to engage in new ideas, pushes herself beyond her comfort zone, and is always polite and respectful. Even though she comes from a Spanish speaking family, she wants to improve her command of the language and explore the Spanish world beyond her horizons. It is a pleasure to support her as she pursues her ambitious goals."
TEA and PSE Updates
- Anyone in the B1 phase can start scheduling vaccines with the hospital now.
- 70 and older
- 50 and older that lives with young children
They can sign up at:
- Board Policy (BP) and Procedure (P) updates:
2410 BP/P Graduation Requirements
3225 BP/P School-Based Threat Assessment