Elementary Principals Newsletter
Getting Geared Up for Next Year....Activity 1 to 5
Ask your teachers on a scale of 1-5 (5 being confident they are knowledgeable and implementing practices of CCSS) how confident they are on implementing the Common Core?
1 or 2 = Beginning Awareness and Initial Implementation--They Need to Get Started
3 or 4 = Content Knowledge of Standards and Implementation is being Practiced
5= Solid Content Knowledge and Lessons/Units are Being Developed that Align
Who takes what?
- 3-8 and 11: ELA and Math (SBAC)
- 5, 8 and 11: Social Studies (MEAP)
- 4, 7 and 11: Science (MEAP)
- 11: College Entrance and Work Skills (Keys)
What you need to know...
- All assessments will be in the spring
- No fall testing--not even the MEAP
- SBAC assesses the Common Core
- MEAP assesses the GLCEs or HSCEs
- Pencil Paper or On-Line
- No Clear Wording on Retakes now (doubtful)
- College Entrance (ACT) is still out for bid
- Interims are optional and no $
- No summative testing in grades 9 and 10
Spring Assessment Legislative Update:
House Bill No.5314 states:
1. In order to receive state aid under this article, a district shall administer the state assessments described in this section.
2. For the purpose of this section, the department shall develop for use in the spring of 2014-2015 and 2015-2016 new Michigan Education Assessment Program (MEAP) assessments in English Language Arts and Mathematics. These assessments shall be aligned to state standards.
3. For the purposes of this section, the department shall implement beginning in the 2016-2017 school year a summative assessment system for administration to pupils as provided under this subsection....
Effective Professional Learning
New Ideas to Deliver PD in Your Building
MDE Requirements and Dates
School Improvement/ASSIST Updates
School Improvement Technical Assistance
An open, walk-in session to work with Dave Treder on your School Improvement documentation.
May 14 – 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., GISD Davis Education Center
May 20 – 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., GISD Davis Education Center
June 18 – 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., GISD Davis Education Center
June 20 – 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., GISD Davis Education Center