August 4, 2022
final chance to buy uniforms
Thursday, August 4: Orientation at 6pm for:
- all NEW parents of students at SJCS in grades 1-8 will meet in Mrs. Blanton's classroom on the second floor.
- parents of students in PreK 3 will meet in the PreK 3 classroom.
- parents of students in VPK will meet in the Parish Center (cafeteria).
- parents of students in kindergarten will meet in their homeroom classrooms.
*We will have staff and volunteers available to direct you as well as signs.
Tuesday, August 16: Orientation at 5:30pm for parents of any students interested in playing a sport at SJCS this year in the Parish Center.
Tuesday, August 16: Orientation at 6pm for parents of students in grades 5-8. It is very important that parents arrive on time. Parents will be starting in their child's homeroom and moving from class to class to hear from all of their child's teachers.
Wednesday, August 24: Parent Orientation for Grades 1-4 at 6pm. Parents will report directly to their child's homeroom class.
tears and cheers reception
Aug 4: Orientation at 6pm for all PreK, Kindergarten, and new families (NO CHILDREN, PLEASE)
Aug 6: Final Uniform Sale before school starts. 9am until 1pm.
Aug. 9: Middle School Boot Camp. Mandatory 9am-12pm. Wear uniforms and bring school supplies.
Aug. 9: Orientation for PreK through Grade 5 from 10am-12pm. Children are invited. Bring school supplies.
Aug. 10: First Day of School
are you ready for the first day of school?
- Register for PikMyKid.
- If your child wants to purchase lunch at school, set up his/her account.
- Bring school supplies to Boot Camp (middle school) or Open House (PreK through grade 5) on Tuesday, August 9.
- Make sure your student has his/her summer homework ready to turn in.
- Be sure your child has the appropriate uniform to wear! It is a Mass day, so students should have Mass uniforms (white polo shirts, skirts or jumpers for girls, and shorts for boys).
- Don't forget a clear water bottle and healthy snack (Kindergarten through Grade 5).
Room Parent Kick Off Luncheon
New Lunch Vendor
- Be sure you are selecting the correct school. There are multiple St. Joseph's in the platform. Select St. Joseph Winter Haven to find our school.
- If you need your child's personal number, it is his/her AR number (Accelerated Reader). Older students should know their AR number. If you aren't sure, you can ask your child's teacher, email Mr. Reilly at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the school office.
Registration for lunch program
Please note: We are using this service for lunch fees only. All other fees will continue being processed using FACTS.
Allergy Management Program for Lunch
altar server training
On Saturday, August 20th at 10 am, St. Joseph Catholic Church will host an Altar Server training class for current and new servers. The training will be in the church.
This ministry seeks to encourage the youth of our parish to fully engage in our faith through their service to the Church as altar servers. Serving at the altar gives youth a hands-on, personal experience of God's work in the liturgy.
Requirements are that the children have received their First Communion. Children over the age of 14 will need to complete the Safe Environment Training and Fingerprinting. Please contact the Church office, 863-294-3144, with any questions.
from the st. joseph youth ministry office
Come out to St. Joseph’s Middle School Youth Ministry in Family Life Room 3. There is a pool table, foosball, air hockey, and other fun wacky games. Come Make friends, share some laughs, and draw closer to Jesus.
This upcoming Kick-off, August 17th, will be a cardboard battle to be remembered! You will not only build your own set of (cardboard) armor, you will also face off against each other in battle. Will your armor stand up to the test?!
Come join us as we reveal the new annual theme for youth ministry, and delve into this seasons curriculum called the Artist! In the Artist, we’ll tackle questions like: Who is God? Can we even know if God is real? What proof is there that God exists? What does this mean for my life?Journey with us as we navigate these questions and more!
August 17, at 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM (kick-off - Box/Cardboard War) in Family Life Center Room 3
August 31st, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM in Family Life Center Room 3
Sept. 14th, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM in Family Life Center Room 3
Sept. 28, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM in the Family Life Center Room 3
Do you want to get reminders and the full calendar for Middle School Youth Ministry?
Here’s how you can:
1. Download the Band app from the app store onto your phone.
2. Sign-up with your phone number, and set a password.
3. please follow the link below to be added to the Middle School Ministry group.
St. Joseph Prayer
St. Joseph Catholic School
Principal: Mrs. Haas
Assistant Principal: Mr. Reilly
Assistant Principal: Mrs. Insua
Canonical Administrator: Fr. Tim LaBo
Superintendent: Mr. Fortier