How to be safe on the Internet
How to be Internet safe
The Internet contains many informational sites; there are sites for pretty much everything, and even a few for nothing, seriously. But with all of this wonderful technology, there comes a certain risk factor. Some websites are not safe. These sites can damage your computer, wipe your computer completely clean, and even steal your personal information, all without you being any the wiser. Just one click and everything can vanish.
Things to watch out for
- Websites that have many advertisements and pop-ups.
- Emails with incorrect grammar.
- Professional looking emails asking for personal information, i.e. an email from a bank asking for your personal information such as your name, SSN, Bank number, etc. Your bank already has that information, they don't need it again.
- A web domain the with .com abbreviation is always something to be wary of.
- If an email offers something that is too good to be true, then it probably is.
- Any email asking for donations to any organization or person.
- Treat others as you would face to face.
- If you don't have anything nice to say, keep it to yourself, don't troll(harass) people.
- Keep emails short, sweet, and to the point.
- Keep in mind that what might be funny to you, won't be to some one else.
- Children use the internet too, so be mindful.
All pictures are from Microsoft Word Clip-art
All videos are from netsmartz.org