Get Ready for the 8th Grade Year #1
Aug. 28, 2018
- Please sign-in
- QR-code for presentation
- The presentation is linked to the website
II. Savannah Trip: Norma Toner
- Aligns with the 8th Grade Social Studies Curriculum
- What to pack?
III. Timeline 8th Grade Year: Lisa O'Hanlon Cowles
- Transition Meetings
- Time to get connected @ the high school
IV. 8th Grade is the Pre-School Year for High School
- Go to the school
- Teach your child to be an advocate
- Get your child vested in their learning (HAC/SAC)
V. Q & A: AP Richardson, Norma Toner, Lisa O'Hanlon Cowles
- Include Savannah and 8th Grade
- ** To keep this presentation short, please let's take questions at the end
Georgia Trip by Norma Toner
2) Where to contact on the trip?
3) What to pack?
4) Can I still give money to sponsor an 8th grader?
GET READY FOR 8th GRADE @ EPMS - IMPORTANT DATES - STUDENTS ATTEND WITH PARENTS!
"Don't Stop Achieving" Student Success Family Night - September. 17, 2018
How to Succeed in Middle School and Beyond!
Who? All Families...parents and students.
When? Monday, September 17th @ 6 pm
Where? Elkins Pointe Connections Hallway and adjoining classrooms
Why? To give students and parents a variety of tools, tips, and options for student success.
What? A rotation of workshops for families to learn more about HAC, college planning, AVID in high school, how to write an email, and more. Guest speakers and high school students have been invited in to give our students and family members talks, tips, and tidbits on things in high school.
Get Connected Night - w/ Microsoft STEM Activity - September 25th
Date: Tuesday, September 25th
Where: Elkins Pointe Rotunda & Cafeteria
Time: Between 6 pm - 7:30 pm
What: Learn more about programs, clubs & activities available for our Titans. Meet advisors & students involved. Drop in and find out about the activities in our building!
• PTSA Sponsored
• Interact Club
• Academic Bowl
• Science Olympiad
• Intramurals Sports Teams: Soccer, Basketball, Tennis
• Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA)
• PE - BOTT DAY
• Art, (high school Art offering)
• 6th Grade Pointe Team
• Titan Morning News Team
• WEB (Where Everybody Belongs)
• Adventure Quest
• Duke Tip
• Book Team
• Student Council
• Hoops for Heart
• Dads Club
• Trips Abroad: Spain, Japan, France
• National Japanese Honors Society
• Music: Band, Chorus, and Orchestra
• Jr. Beta
• Special Microsoft STEM Activity with Robotics Arm!
Student-Led Data talks for the Fall - November 8, 2018
- GA Milestones
- Whole Child
- Growth Mindset
- Reading Comprehension
** ALL GRADES - IN THE CAFETERIA
*** Students are prepared in WINN Class to give their parents an update on their progress and growth.
8th Grade Transition Meeting - November 29, 2018 (English)
EPMS Rising 9th Grade Info Night (English)
Date: Thursday, 11/29/2018
Where: EPMS Media Center
Time: 6:30 pm
Who: English PARENTS - EPMS 8th grade parents who have students rising to high school in 2019-2020
Language: This meeting will be conducted in English by Lisa O'H Cowles
Spanish Presentation on Tuesday, November 27th by Koritza Rodriguez
Title I & Title 3 - Transition Meeting
This evening is to give 8th-grade parents information on the verification process which will be coming in January 2019. The meeting will be hosted by Koritza Rodriguez in Spanish with Lisa O'Hanlon Cowles
This evening is to give 8th-grade parents information on the verification process which will be coming in January 2019. The meeting will be hosted by Lisa O'Hanlon Cowles & Koritza Rodriguez
Title I Transition Meeting
MILTON HIGH SCHOOL PARENT NIGHTS @ MHS - STUDENTS WELCOME TO ATTEND!
MILTON HIGH SCHOOL - Dual Enrollment Parent Night - January 31, 2019
Hosted by Milton High School
Date: Thursday, January 31, 2019
Time: 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Location: Milton High School, 13025 Birmingham Hwy, Milton, Georgia 30004
Who: Rising 9th-grade parents and students
MILTON HIGH SCHOOL - Rising 9th Grade Parent Night - February 7, 2019
Hosted by: Milton High School
Date: Thursday, February 7, 2019
Time: 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Location: Milton High School
13025 Birmingham Hwy, Milton, Georgia 30004
Who: Parents of students rising to 9th grade @ MHS and rising 9th-grade students.
ROSWELL HIGH SCHOOL PARENT NIGHTS @ RHS - STUDENTS WELCOME TO ATTEND!
ROSWELL HIGH SCHOOL Honors, AP & Dual Enrollment Information Night - Feb. 21, 2019
When: Thursday, Feb 21, 2019
Time: 6:30 pm
Where: RHS Main GymWho: Rising 9th-grade parents and students
ROSWELL HIGH SCHOOL - Rising 9th Grade Information Night - January 24, 2019
Date: Thursday, January 24 @ 6:30 pm
Place: RHS Auditorium ( Roswell High School, 1595 King Rd, Roswell, GA 30075)Organizer:
For: Parents of Rising 9th-grade students and rising 9th-grade students
PARENTS HAVE HOMEWORK...AND SOME ASSIGNMENTS TOO!
- Go to a football game
- Go to a play, concert, or sporting event
2) Buy some Spiritwear from MHS or RHS
- Get your child excited for their high school
- It's not too soon to show some high school pride!
3) You 2019 New Year's Resolution
- Connect to high school social Media
- Subscribe to the newsletter: Eagle Update @ MHS and Follow Dr. Robert Shaw on Twitter
4) Teach your child to be high school ready
- Write their own email to a teacher
- Go on HAC and look at their grades...Time grow up from Student Access Center (SAC)
- Come to the Student-Led Data Talk
- Come to the "Don't Stop Achieving" Family Night to learn how to succeed in middle school and beyond.
- Come to Get Connected Night
3) Mark Your Calendars
- EPMS 8th Grade High School Transition Meeting...You will learn about the verification process and how to understand high school courses. THIS MEETING IS 1 FULL HOUR OF INFORMATION.
- RHS & MHS Parent Nights
- RHS & MHS Dual Enrollment Nights