East Elementary School
"Expecting Excellence Every Day"
Feb. 23rd - Father/Daughter Dance 3pm-5pm
Feb. 25th - Skating Party
Feb. 26th - Girls B-Ball vs. Frankton @ 5:30 First Round of County Tournament
March 1st - AIM Club Field Trip to The Escape Room
March 4th - 8th IREAD
March 7th - 5th & 6th Grade Music Program
March 8th - 6th Grade to PHHS 8:45am-10:15am
March 8th - Career Day
March 8th - Yearbook Deadline
March 11th & 12th - School is in Session - Snow Make-up Days
March 13th - 22nd - Spring Break
March 25th - 29th - Time for Change
March 27th - Mom and Me Bingo
March 29th - Birthday Breakfast
Please join us...
Tuesday, April 2nd
1:00-6:00pm in the East Cafe'.
To save time at Round-up begin your registration
now by using the FAST PASS @
IREAD Testing will begin March 4th-8th. Students should get a good night's sleep, eat a healthy breakfast and come to school on time. IREAD was created to ensure that all students can read proficiently at the end of grade three. Parents are asked to NOT schedule doctor appointments next week. Attendance is very important!
Yearbook Deadline is March 8th!
Lunch Visitor Procedures
- Lunch visitors arriving before the beginning of the lunches will be asked to wait in the office or the lobby until the start time and then meet their student at the cafeteria.
- If visitors are planning to stay for multiple lunches and there is a gap between start times, please return to the office or lobby and wait until the next lunch begins before returning to the cafeteria.
- Any outside food should be brought for your student only. Please do not bring in extra food to share with other students.
- To protect student rights, cell phones are prohibited from being used to video or photograph students.
- A designated table for lunch visitors may be setup. Visitors and their student only may be asked to sit at this table.
Please write a note to the teacher & bus driver if there are any changes to your student's dismissal plans. If there is an emergency change, please phone the office by 2:30. Please do not leave a voicemail about transportation changes. We can not guarantee we will have time to listen to the message before dismissal.
Typical peers are needed for the 2019-20 school year. This is a developmental preschool for students with special needs. We invite 3 and 4 year old's who have good language skills to serve as social and communicative role models. Typical peers will be asked to pass a speech screener and must live within the South Madison Community School Corporation. Screens will be done on Wednesday, March 6th at 9:30am.
PHHS Baseball Program's 7th Annual 2-day Spring Training All-Skills Clinic
2-day Spring Training All-Skills Clinic
Sunday 3/3 and Sunday 3/10
For more information click here
Wanted School Bus Drivers
Driving a school bus is a part-time job, requiring up to 2.75 hours in the AM and up to 2.75 hours in the PM. The school corporation provides support and paid training to help candidates meet the requirements for becoming a certified school bus driver. Substitute bus drivers are especially needed, with the possibility of qualified persons to obtain a regular route within the corporation. Current substitute bus driver rate is $17.90 per hour. Requirements: Must hold, or be willing to obtain, a Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), a Passenger Endorsement, a “S” Endorsement (school bus), and an air brake endorsement.
Please contact Candy Stewart for more information.
South Madison Community School Corporation
203 S Heritage Way
Pendleton, IN 46064
765.778.2152 Ext. 1016
Important Policies and Procedures
- It is important that students be at school every day and on time. If your student will be late or will not be at school, please call the office by 9:00 a.m. at 765.779.4445 x3100. If you have not called in, the attendance dialer service will call you to inform you that your student is not at school and that we have not heard from you. To avoid a call, please call your student in.
- If your student arrives after the 8:30 bell or if you need to pick up your student early, please come into the office to sign him or her in or out. Photo ID is required to sign out a student. Only those people listed on the students’ Parent Portal will be allowed to pick up the student.
- Missed Calls from East Elementary: We understand your concern, but if you have a missed call from East, please do not call the office back as we will not know who called you. If Nurse Day calls due to an illness, she will leave a voicemail.
Bus rider students will be dismissed from the busses at 8:10 to enter the building.
Stay-in-Car students will be dropped off at the front doors at 8:10.
Bus rider students will be dismissed to the buses at 3:25
Stay-in-Car students will be dismissed at the front doors at 3:25.
- Breakfast is served each morning from 8:10 a.m.—8:25 a.m. for those students who have pre-paid or have free/reduced lunch status.
- Lunch visitors are always welcome starting September 4th.
Student Lunch Hours
1st Grade: 10:45
2nd Grade: 11:00
3rd Grade: 11:15
4th Grade: 11:40
5th Grade: 12:10
6th Grade: 12:40