Visiting the Philippians
Ten facts and activities you can do in the Pilippians
5 Facts o the Philippians
- The Philippines is the third largest English speaking country in the world.
- It has a rich history combining Asian, European, and American influences.
- In 1898, after 350 years and 300 rebellions, the Filipinos, with leaders like Jose Rizal and Emilio Aguinaldo, succeeded in winning their independence.
- In 1898, the Philippines became the first and only colony of the United States.
- Following the Philippine-American War, the United States brought widespread education to the islands.