The Rigsby Reader 10.13.14
Updates from Room 311
Boosterthon: Fun Run- Final Push through Thursday!
I cannot thank you enough for your support of our FunRunFundraiser! Our class is currently in the lead for the entire school! Please remember that the money raised goes towards new playground equipment and teacher grants. The students want to write a grant to get more yoga balls to use as chairs. I fully support their idea!
THURSDAY: Our class will be running from 10:45-11:45. Please make sure your child COMES to SCHOOL in clothes they can run in- including sneakers. If you'd like to sign up to volunteer this AWESOME event- click here :http://bit.ly/1s8l0Ct
It’s PUMPKIN time!!! We have begun our Eblen Charities Pumpkin drive. Each year Eblen Charities supports more than 100,000 families. 100% of the proceeds from the pumpkins goes directly to assist those in need through Eblen Charities. Each paper pumpkin is $1.00. Mrs. Ornato and Mr. Ackerman will write your student’s name on the pumpkin and display it in the main lobby. Here are some of the services that our students benefit from. There are some great prizes for the classrooms that raise the most money :) Let's see what we can do!
What We Are Learning
- Flexible Math Groups: Factors, Arrays, Prime & Composite
- Reading: Flexible Reading Groups: Character Traits
- Science: 1st Quarter: Animal Adaptation Unit
- Social Studies: 3 Regions of North Caroline- students will be rotating to the 3 classroom to learn about each region of NC.
Dates to Remember:
- October 16th: Claxton Fun Run Day!
- October 22nd: End of 1st Quarter
- October 24, 27,28: No School!
- October 30th: Report Cards