East Elementary School
"Expecting Excellence Every Day"
May 13th - Skating Party
May 14th - 2nd Grade Field Trip to Indianapolis Childrens Museum
May 16th - 5th Grade Field Trip to Indianapolis Indians Game
May 16th - Kindergarten Field Trip Tour of Pendleton
May 16th- 4th Grade Music Program @ 6
May 17th - 3rd Grade Field Trip to Ball State
May 17th - 1st Grade Field Trip to Indianapolis Zoo
May 20th - Exercise Day
May 22nd - Super Reader Run
May 23rd - Arabians Got Talent @ 6:30
May 23rd & 24th - 3rd Grade Field Trip to Goods Candy
May 24th - 4th Grade to Conner Prairie
May 24th - Birthday Breakfast
May 24th - Kindergarten Field Day
May 24th - AIM Club Field Trip to Incrediplex
May 27th - School Closed for Memorial Day
May 28th - 6th Grade Awards @ 6pm
May 29th - 3rd-5th Grade Awards @ 9am
May 29th - 6th Grade Party
May 30th - Last Day of School
Field Day Volunteers
We have a limited quantity of yearbooks available. First come, first serve. If you would like to purchase one please contact the office. They are $15. Cash only
4th Grade Music Program
Arabian Leaders of April
Readers of the Month
Please visit the Parent Portal at https://www.arabiangrades.com/ and register your students for next school year. You simply log-in to your Parent Portal, click on the demographic change tab, review your info & make changes as needed. Check your transportation plans, click on the Acceptable Use policy and then submit. Spring Registration is important because it allows us to establish how many sections of each grade level will be needed in the fall. When building class lists, only those students that have completed spring registration will be placed in a class. Thank you for helping us obtain an accurate student count. If your student will NOT be returning to EES next year, please contact the office at 779-4445 or email Mrs. Hobbs @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Parents Clubs Meeting!
Kids Connection Summer Program
We will start enrolling for our summer program beginning April 15th thru May 17th. The handbook and registration form are on our website. We create several positive experiences for children such as weekly field trips, swimming at Brown Pool, play at the park, make crafts and play lots of fun games. We are open 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and will be meeting at Pendleton Primary this summer. Be sure to join us for a fun filled summer.
South Madison Community Schools is hosting our first Hoosier Student Digital Leaders Conference.
This one day event will be held on June 18, 2019 at Pendleton Heights Middle School (8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.) and will provide current K-5 students the opportunity to engage in hands-on literacy-based STEM activities.
The day will have both structured and open ended opportunities for students to engage in STEM challenges, interact with various types of technology, and they will have access to Makerspace materials for self-guided learning.
Cost is $10 which includes a lunch and snack. Sign up here!
Lunch Visitor Procedures
- Lunch visitors arriving before the beginning of the lunches will be asked to wait in the office or the lobby until the start time and then meet their student at the cafeteria.
- If visitors are planning to stay for multiple lunches and there is a gap between start times, please return to the office or lobby and wait until the next lunch begins before returning to the cafeteria.
- Any outside food should be brought for your student only. Please do not bring in extra food to share with other students.
- To protect student rights, cell phones are prohibited from being used to video or photograph students.
- A designated table for lunch visitors may be setup. Visitors and their student only may be asked to sit at this table.
Please write a note to the teacher & bus driver if there are any changes to your student's dismissal plans. If there is an emergency change, please phone the office by 2:30. Please do not leave a voicemail about transportation changes. We can not guarantee we will have time to listen to the message before dismissal.
Community Night @ Pendleton Christian Church
Pendleton Christian Church provides a free meal on Thursday nights, called Community Night. We serve meals in our main auditorium from 5:00-7:00pm every Thursday, August – May. ALL ARE WELCOME!
Outfitters Spring/Summer Shopping & Upcoming Change in Voucher program
Outfitters Shopping & Scheduling News
Please look for the Outfitters flyer in the eligibility email for scheduling information. That will serve as your voucher in the fall. Fall shopping will begin tentatively on July 15th and be available through September 19th, 2018.
Additional information will available on our website at outfittersclothers.org
Wanted School Bus Drivers
Driving a school bus is a part-time job, requiring up to 2.75 hours in the AM and up to 2.75 hours in the PM. The school corporation provides support and paid training to help candidates meet the requirements for becoming a certified school bus driver. Substitute bus drivers are especially needed, with the possibility of qualified persons to obtain a regular route within the corporation. Current substitute bus driver rate is $18.25 per hour. Requirements: Must hold, or be willing to obtain, a Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), a Passenger Endorsement, a “S” Endorsement (school bus), and an air brake endorsement.
Please contact Candy Stewart for more information.
South Madison Community School Corporation
203 S Heritage Way
Pendleton, IN 46064
765.778.2152 Ext. 1016
Important Policies and Procedures
- It is important that students be at school every day and on time. If your student will be late or will not be at school, please call the office by 9:00 a.m. at 765.779.4445 x3100. If you have not called in, the attendance dialer service will call you to inform you that your student is not at school and that we have not heard from you. To avoid a call, please call your student in.
- If your student arrives after the 8:30 bell or if you need to pick up your student early, please come into the office to sign him or her in or out. Photo ID is required to sign out a student. Only those people listed on the students’ Parent Portal will be allowed to pick up the student.
- Missed Calls from East Elementary: We understand your concern, but if you have a missed call from East, please do not call the office back as we will not know who called you. If Nurse Day calls due to an illness, she will leave a voicemail.
Bus rider students will be dismissed from the busses at 8:10 to enter the building.
Stay-in-Car students will be dropped off at the front doors at 8:10.
Bus rider students will be dismissed to the buses at 3:25
Stay-in-Car students will be dismissed at the front doors at 3:25.
- Breakfast is served each morning from 8:10 a.m.—8:25 a.m. for those students who have pre-paid or have free/reduced lunch status.
- Lunch visitors are always welcome starting September 4th.
Student Lunch Hours
1st Grade: 10:45
2nd Grade: 11:00
3rd Grade: 11:15
4th Grade: 11:40
5th Grade: 12:10
6th Grade: 12:40