Coaching 4 Ps
Review, Preview, Praise and Problems: March 21-25
- Met with fifth grade classes to finish up inquiry "set up" and test the content.
- Met with fifth grade teacher to finalize plans for student inquiry project after Spring Break.
- Met with two third grade teachers to finalize plans for Revolutionary War inquiry project. This project includes a "Genius Hour" towards the end of the "gathering content" phase.
- Modeled two guided reading groups in a kindergarten classroom. Goal was to include guided reading framework and continuum skills as well as RIT band skills.
- Worked with a third grade class on personal narrative poems.
- Lead Fountas & Pinnell PLC on Wednesday. We focused on using the continuum to pull out skills to use with mentor texts. Our next meeting focuses on using the writing skills in the continuum. My goal is to discuss how all of this and John Collins melds together.
- Attended state PLC at Walhalla Elementary on Thursday.
- Continued to work to organize the literacy room.
- Created a test-prep unit for SC Ready ELA.
- Afternoons at OIS for continued fifth grade Social Studies inquiry.
- Meet with third grade teachers for input on my test-prep unit.
- Continue to work in literacy room. I may need to enlist more volunteer help to make headway.
- Attend District Coaches' meeting on Thursday.
- Begin initial prep work for next week's "testing" meetings.
- Continue work in third grade classrooms with personal narrative poetry.
- Follow up with third grade teachers on type 3 personal narratives.
- Set up next phase of modeled writing in another third grade classroom.
- Check with second grade teachers about visiting in second grade RIT groups.
- My guided reading lesson with the kindergartners was so much fun, and highly active! I was truly hesitant, but the kids and the teacher were quite welcoming and willing to learn! Thanks to Mrs. Prater and her Kinders for letting me join them!
- I love the dedication of the teachers and the extra miles that so many of them go! They feel quite stressed, they keep the kids in mind and truly work to give them what they need.
Potential Speed Bumps (not really problems)
I do not see any new potential bumps for this week.
(other than curbing this terrible case of Spring Fever)